Am I covered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So about 2 months ago I decided I was gonna try and paint my headlight housing black. I started to pry open the first light and realized it wasnt going anywhere and I sealed the little slit that I made and put the light back on. I have washed my car and all that about 2104774 times since then and no condensation occured. It was raining here for the past couple days, and this mornning I realised it is condednsed! So my question is you think if I take it back to the dealer and ********* them saying it condensed on its own so i tried to seal them and that still didnt help they will give me a new light?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
They actuallyl probably would, its what I would do as long as it is not obvious you messed something up.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cond

that's not really honest... just turn your head light on for a few min, the heat will remove all the water in no time... I scratched my back bumper, but I'm not pinning that on anyone but me...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
LoL Sabr is right, I think you should just get some sealent, put the light in the oven to heeat it up, reseat the light/housing well and then reseal the sides.
Its weird how the new Yukon lights are known to condense up, never happens to the tahoes....

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
They actuallyl probably would, its what I would do as long as it is not obvious you messed something up.

LoL Sabr is right, I think you should just get some sealent, put the light in the oven to heeat it up, reseat the light/housing well and then reseal the sides.
Its weird how the new Yukon lights are known to condense up, never happens to the tahoes....

Lol...so which is it? He should do it, or he shouldn't?

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
You really have nothing to loose if you take it back to the dealer. They either say f*ck off, or that they can take care of it. Granted it is not the most honest thing to do, but if that does not work, you can find one or two on eBay for a couple hundred bucks

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the point go to the dealer for 55K you should be intitled to something i mean none of us are paying for it. go ahead ppl make mistakes and ppl change their minds like you did maybe a lil to late but nonetheless no one's car note insurance or anything will be affected by it so i would say go for it. i mean dont they beat you in the head for all kinds of stuff???? its only fair LMAO ;)

OP
OP

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the way I was looking at it, why can the screw us over for stupid ass repairs and be somewhat not honest and we as the customers who fund them have to be 100% honest. I like the way you think Nfamous

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir its not fair to us who actually put things on hold or readjust our budget to hav these things so being cheated is the last thing we want to see or feel anyhow, Hope you get it they can look out for you becuase NO ONE here is going to pay full price for nothing from the dealer. so it will just collect dust.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the point go to the dealer for 55K you should be intitled to something i mean none of us are paying for it. go ahead ppl make mistakes and ppl change their minds like you did maybe a lil to late but nonetheless no one's car note insurance or anything will be affected by it so i would say go for it. i mean dont they beat you in the head for all kinds of stuff???? its only fair LMAO ;)

Actually, seeing as GM is now owned by the goverment; we are all paying for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese