Aluminum Underbody Shields?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did the switch. It does cover further back by a little.
It's way more sturdy than the flimsy plastic one it replaces.
It also has a transfer box plate, that will protect it from the odd stone or branch that may hit it.

One thing to keep in mind is the factory holes on my Denali xl 4wd were not tapped for the bolts. It's m10x 1.0 if I remember correctly.
I tapped the holes and the supplied hardware fit perfect.

Definitely worth it if you want to keep all stock parts.
I know there are aftermarket plates, but these are pretty awesome.

OP
OP
Kpwweb

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did the switch. It does cover further back by a little.
It's way more sturdy than the flimsy plastic one it replaces.
It also has a transfer box plate, that will protect it from the odd stone or branch that may hit it.

One thing to keep in mind is the factory holes on my Denali xl 4wd were not tapped for the bolts. It's m10x 1.0 if I remember correctly.
I tapped the holes and the supplied hardware fit perfect.

Definitely worth it if you want to keep all stock parts.
I know there are aftermarket plates, but these are pretty awesome.

I agree fully. But my Tahoe was tapped for the bolts. Unscrewed the plastic pieces, remove the braces for the plastic pieces, and screwed these in place. Gives good piece of mind. Maybe its me, but it seems like it took out some "shimmy" over bumps as well.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree fully. But my Tahoe was tapped for the bolts. Unscrewed the plastic pieces, remove the braces for the plastic pieces, and screwed these in place. Gives good piece of mind. Maybe its me, but it seems like it took out some "shimmy" over bumps as well.
The back half of the brace is significantly stronger than the two original stock strips. It boxes up that portion of the subframe. So it just may stiffen it up. I haven't driven mine yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe