Alternator upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace the stock alternator. I don't have a ton of accessories and I'm not sure if or when I would do a stereo upgrade, so wondering if there's any reason to get something different than the OEM alternator? 2008 GMC Yukon Denali

ccole

Reaction score
I've had great luck with Mechman alternators. First you need to determine the total amperage draw of all your aftermarket devices to make an informed decision. There's also a number of other variables in this equation but total amperage draw is a good place to start.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace the stock alternator. I don't have a ton of accessories and I'm not sure if or when I would do a stereo upgrade, so wondering if there's any reason to get something different than the OEM alternator? 2008 GMC Yukon Denali
If all you're looking to do in the short term is reduce the chances that you'll have a failure on the road somewhere, I've had great luck with these cheapies. 35K on one and about 20K on the other now, and no problems at all. They also do a proper job of charging an AGM battery. The stock alternator output on a Denali will run a lot of stuff. https://a.co/d/3ElV7JH

If you know you're going to be increasing your electrical load significantly though, lots of guys here are running the Mechman units with great results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia