already with the check engine light on 2012 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

veniculum

Reaction score
I just got my new Yukon in March of this year...and I have to say...not overly impressed so far. I hate to sound like a whiner...cause I'm really not...I have always accepted that these are machines, and on machine is perfect. I work on computers for a living...so I know that all too well.
With that said...I've had some little things come up in the last 6-7 months that I didn't have come up in 6-7 years with my previous truck (05 Armada)

I already have a really annoying rattle on the top of the dash board (right above the gauges)...when I turn (right or left), I feel a sort of click in the steering wheel. Not sure if click is the right word...feels like something is loose. Sorry..can't describe any better. But this kind of thing..once again...I can deal with.

Now, however, I have a check engine light on. So I took it over to auto-zone and the connected their reader, and the error was "small emissions leak"...and it said "permanent" underneath. Not sure what that means...maybe the guy at auto-zone just didn't want to clear it for me...although they have done it in the past.
Anyway...of course, I checked the gas cap...but really...already...after only 6 months?!?
Worst part is....with my old vehicle, there were ways to clear these kinds of codes using ignition and brake pedal sequence/combinations (if I remember correctly)...or something like that. With this...from what I'm reading so far, a trip to the dealer is inevitable. I've driven the car at least 5 or 6 times since the light came on...so if it hasn't cleared by now, I don't think it will.

Sorry to rant...but if anyone has any suggestions at all, I'd appreciate it. To have to go to the dealer is just a terrible pain in the ass...and GM doesn't offer loaners...unlike Nissan...at least not my dealer (even though they're both under the same owner!)
I appreciate anything you guys can suggest.
Thanks
Todd

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my Cadillac dealer doesn't give you a loaner unless it's warranty work that till be a whole day. But the Porsche dealer gives me a loaner for Anything even an oil change. And Infiniti and Acura always gave me loaners when I had those cars too... This will be my last American car....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman