Almost lost the Tahoe today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This kind of thing really gets my goat. I hope they track them down. I am all for reversing course back to the days of chopping dudes hands off.

Don't Tweet that, I got put in Twitter jail today for wishing justice on some lawbreakers. Get that Viper system Doug, I have the factory add-on accessories for mine and they work very well but the Viper connects to your phone too.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't Tweet that, I got put in Twitter jail today for wishing justice on some lawbreakers. Get that Viper system Doug, I have the factory add-on accessories for mine and they work very well but the Viper connects to your phone too.
I'm an electrical engineer, and I was talking with another EE friend of mine today about it. So we spent some time cooking up ways to electrify the door handles. I also have an electrophysiology background, so we were thinking hit them hard enough at the right frequency so that their arm muscles would lock and they wouldn't be able to let go, and keep it going as long as the battery held out. Then they would still be there getting jolted when you came out to the car and you could just turn them over to the police. Case closed. :)

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm an electrical engineer, and I was talking with another EE friend of mine today about it. So we spent some time cooking up ways to electrify the door handles. I also have an electrophysiology background, so we were thinking hit them hard enough at the right frequency so that their arm muscles would lock and they wouldn't be able to let go, and keep it going as long as the battery held out. Then they would still be there getting jolted when you came out to the car and you could just turn them over to the police. Case closed. :)

Patent pending.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna take longer to get the cops to show up since Denver's in discussions to defund the cops. One particular city council person is pushing that. SMH
The solution, for that city council person is to simply remove the police presence from his district. This could be set up as a pilot program for defunding the police, so people can see if they like the results or not. That staff could then be retasked to the other districts, and people can see if they like the additional police presence better. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the defense lawyers would eat you alive. Insufficient warning, reckless endangerment, etc. They'd own your Tahoe, you, and everything you owned to that point. Y'all have heard the story of the burglar that fell through a sj=kylight and successfully sued the homeowners for his injuries, right?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I was checking general because my trucks were broken into, and an attempt to steal them was made -- FROM MY OWN DRIVEWAY. They were about 50 feet from street lights, too. But my trucks aren't Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades/etc. One was a Sierra Denali, and the other is a Silverado. And they effing punched out BOTH door locks -- in addition to destroying the ignition cylinders and the columns. The Sierra had to be towed because the key wouldn't turn and you couldn't get the shifter out of park. The Silverado is driveable, but unsecurable. And you'll love this one: Sometime between when the Sierra was picked up and when it was dropped off at the repair shop, the rod that controls door latching/unlatching came loose in the driver's door. So now they can't get the door open at the repair shop.

I was hoping for advice here on what to do to do to better secure my vehicles, since they are so similar to the other GMT800 trucks. I've had advice to add alarms (Clifford/Viper), GPS trackers, kill switches (Ravelco), etc. And I am going to add cameras and lights to my home. But it never hurts to see if anyone else is smarter/more experienced than me...

I did decide NOT to add the security plates to the lock cylinders, though. When they knocked in my locks, they did not damage the doors. If I plate the locks and someone wants to break in anyway, they will just damage the doors. I figure lock cylinders are a lower price to pay then body work.

Please excuse my wall of text.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper