Almost lost the Tahoe today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody broke into the parking garage at work today and punched the lock out on the driver's door, ripped the column cover off and tried to force the ignition lock. They only managed to mangle it beyond all recognition and rendered it completely inoperable. Then they stole everything they could find inside and tore up a few more things. Spent 4 hours standing around waiting for the police and a tow truck, but finally got it home. Don't know yet what the extent of the damage is going to be.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just the factory system though. I talked to our building management about looking at the security camera footage and see if we can ID anyone leaving the garage carrying stuff I recognize from the Tahoe, but I don't really expect the police to get them. If they drove into the garage rather than walking in, then I think there's little chance of IDing anyone.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No blood on the upholstery, so I think no joy on them cutting themselves.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, just the factory system though. I talked to our building management about looking at the security camera footage and see if we can ID anyone leaving the garage carrying stuff I recognize from the Tahoe, but I don't really expect the police to get them. If they drove into the garage rather than walking in, then I think there's little chance of IDing anyone.
Sux. Sorry man.
No blood on the upholstery, so I think no joy on them cutting themselves.
:mad::mad::mad:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Somebody broke into the parking garage at work today and punched the lock out on the driver's door, ripped the column cover off and tried to force the ignition lock. They only managed to mangle it beyond all recognition and rendered it completely inoperable. Then they stole everything they could find inside and tore up a few more things. Spent 4 hours standing around waiting for the police and a tow truck, but finally got it home. Don't know yet what the extent of the damage is going to be.

At work?!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
suck to hear. at least they didnt get your tahoe

good luck ID'ing them.

had same happen at prior job (multiple times).... there was a section8 apt complex 2 blocks away from our bldg.
the yoots would come by all the time & help themselves to employees things. bldg mgmt sucked, cameras were ancient & super grainy. the waiting game for police always sucked. they were stretched thin & didnt have much avail time to deal w/ small time stuff :(

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
suck to hear. at least they didnt get your tahoe

good luck ID'ing them.

had same happen at prior job (multiple times).... there was a section8 apt complex 2 blocks away from our bldg.
the yoots would come by all the time & help themselves to employees things. bldg mgmt sucked, cameras were ancient & super grainy. the waiting game for police always sucked. they were stretched thin & didnt have much avail time to deal w/ small time stuff :(
I wonder if the cops would come faster if you caught one of those scumbags in the act and stabbed them in the eye. Just sayin.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645