Almost done with exterior...take a look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I guess I am too old and set in my ways. I am about half way sold on the look. Is this just strictly a show rig? Attention to detail is great but IMO, not practical for every day driving. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
I guess I am too old and set in my ways. I am about half way sold on the look. Is this just strictly a show rig? Attention to detail is great but IMO, not practical for every day driving. Am I missing something?
I'm kinda confused also. It looks like a nice lifted truck but I don't get the large wheels/low profile tires

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm kinda confused also. It looks like a nice lifted truck but I don't get the large wheels/low profile tires
It's all the rage these days. Wheels and tires are for the pavement and cruising the boulevard and car meets and shows and such.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone posts on a public forum then opinions should not only be expected, but welcome.

Would I want it? Hell no. Many people would, I'm sure. If for show purposes, I'd throw on bigger tires and wheel spacers since the goal is obviously ostentatiousness. The offset on those wheels looks quite tame from this angle. I'd also incorporate some type of bodyside molding to drop the SSV look. Blacked out roof rails or even a roof rack to help the proportions would be helpful as well. If the truck were black or dark blue, that may not be needed.

The large space in the wheel wells makes the body panels look disconnected. In other words, the body and frame look like two separate entities. Even with a body on frame design that impression should be something best avoided. Molding or decals would fix that.

To me, if doing a project like this, don't stop at "in your face". Go all out to the next level and make it something that simply can't be ignored, whether it looks tastefully done or not is inconsequential at this level. Like any good book...grab the reader in the first paragraph.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than those NASTY Escalade taillights and the stupid wheel well blue lights, your ride looks awesome!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17