All 4x4 lights on and neutral light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like it could be as simple as a faulty ground wire or maybe the switch has gone bad within a short period of time. I know you said it's OEM so you wouldn't expect that but even OEM parts can be faulty and go bad after not much use. Maybe try another switch and see what happens?

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before buying another switch (which is prone to failure on these trucks), recheck the grounds, fuses, front actuator harness, and even check the harness at the transfer case itself. It is definitely electrical, so need to trace every aspect in the circuit. Usually if the front actuator were bad, all of the lights wouldn’t light up, if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
R

res02p35

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I had the new switch in for about 3 months, don't drive it much.
Did not go thru any water or tall brush.
I have checked the fuses and disconnected both leads on the battery for 2 hours. No help.
Anyway I will get back to it this weekend.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to say this is the cause, but after extensive research of reading through many forums, websites, etc about this issue, and my own experience, 4Lo seems to be a common denominator with causing this issue. Do I know what it is? No... but that’s what I’ve found

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you able to put a scanner on it to see if it has any codes?

It would be helpful to get the codes, might point us in the right direction. In what part of the country are you located?

OP
OP
R

res02p35

Reaction score
No I have not put a scanner on it. I'm in SW Arkansas.

I will look at it this weekend

OP
OP
R

res02p35

Reaction score
Got it figured out. For some reason when I checked fuse #2 last week it tested ok. However the truck was off. Today I started the truck and pulled the fuses again. Tested it with a meter which it was good. When I inserted it I heard a couple clicks and this resolved the issue. The lights on the switch went out except the 2wd light which is expected. I went back thru all selectors and it all works.
Not sure why this happens but know for next time.

THANKS GUYS!!

Y'all have a Merry Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24