alittle help with the cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOOD_STUFF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i used to live in az and ow im in portland, can aaaaanyone with a 00 2wd xl school me on snow driving and what i need..i read something random on google about how the yukons can'd use chains...im terribly new at prepping a vehicle for snow especially a 2wd. thanks if anyones got the info

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
You should post this in the 00-06 section where it will get more views, as far as prepping a vehicle for the snow i am no help there since i live in NC. Sorry.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really a whole lot you need to do to prep these trucks for winter other than check/ top off all the fluids, make sure your battery is in good condition and if you have rims/ street tires on your truck you should think about gettin a second set of non-chrome rims (the salt that is spread on the streets to melt the snow tends to eat away at chrome) and tires with a decent tread on them. as for chains ive never had to use them but make sure you keep atleast a snowbrush/ ice scraper so you can see out your windows, and maybe a small shovel and some people keep either a few planks of wood, a bag of sand or kitty litter just incase they get stuck you can put it under your tires and use it to help gain sum traction. other than that just make sure your heat n defrost work as you will rely heavily on both

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
Here are the keys to success in the snow. Use your head, keep your speed reasonable and keep distraction free. Allow more room for breaking and when you apply the breaks, don't lock up the tires. There is nothing to be afraid of, the county is going to keep the roads clear.

After the first snow, find a parking lot and try a few things in relative safety.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would make sure to check your washer fluid I'm sure washer fluid in AZ isn't rated for very cold. I would make sure you get some that wont freeze. There isn't much to do you should be fine just take it easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep