Alittle Help? Advice? Suggestions? Input?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Whats up everyone, I haven't been on in awhile, busy, kids, wifey, blah blah blah, ect...... Know how it goes. Back and lookin for alittle help.

So what's going on with the Tahoe is, it's making some loud popping on angled bumps, like dips, up curbs and turning. Sounds like front, and rear. Now ball joints look bad, tie rods, pitman/idler arms, sway bar linkage, and rear sounds like it's trailing arms binding or popping some how due to axle shift to passenger side. I have checked everywhere for loose nuts, bolts, something shifting. So my plan is to replace worn out parts.
For the front it's all steering linkage parts mostly. Hopefully this will eliminate anything going on up front. need some suggestions tho
For the rear I have hopefully narrowed it down to trailing arms being shifted over and then popping?? Everyone knows how the axle shifts to the psngr side about 1/4 inch or so. I have trailing arm relocators, McGaughy 5" coils, Doetsch tech shocks, DJM sway bar links and larger sway bars. Nothing seems to be moving or loose, but I can really tell trailing arms are at an angle now. So I have bought adjustable arms with Poly bushings for Pan hard bar and rear trailing arms. This should fix anything that may be making the noise. Hopefully.

Parts bought for Front:
Upper and lower ball joints-Moog
Inner and outer tie rods-Moog
Pitman and Idler arms-Moog
Energy suspension sway bar brackets w/greasable Poly fittings
Energy suspension sway bar end links (shortened)
New hub and bearing assemblies

Parts bought for Rear:
Custom made adjustable Rear PanHard Bar and Lower Rear Trailing Arms w/greasable Polyurethane bushings
(Only reason I bought LRTA was because I got everything made for under 1/2 what Spohn wants for there adjustable arms)
Energy suspension rear sway bar brackets w/greasable Poly fittings

Know my questions are for everyone, and hope people can help. Whats a good front shock? I will probably buy new front shocks, most likely Doetsch techs just cause I like the feel, but have only had DJMs to compare to. But what shocks do people recommend for the front? I'm lowered in front, McGuaghy spindles, n keys cranked all the way up.

Also, I am sitting on my front Jounce Stops (bump stops) I "had" gotten another set, cut first top off, and ran for 6 months, but felt alittle too hard hitting. Now I have stock front shocks in front right now, and squishing down ORIGINAL Jounce stop, but it is softer then when I had a cut pair in. What is everyones suggestions about Jounce stops( bump stops)?? Who has totally taken off bucket or bracket and ran nothing? And what shocks? Or what is everyone ride like? With what setup up front? I am just trying to get the front alittle softer. Maybe the torsion arms are bad? Has or does this happen? Bad keys? IDK, any suggestions? I am going to crank keys down alittle when I do front end in next week or so, so that's just going to put LCA even more into Jounce stop. But then again, doing all new ball joints and hubs/bearings may help alot with that.

Really appreciate any suggestions, advice, input, anything that you may be able to contribute about what they've done and how they like it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog