alarm system autopage vs viper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as i was checkin shops today i talked to a autopage dealer that use to be hard core dei man said that autopage was more reliable than viper. im gonna go with a alarm from them with a autostart. any suggestions

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been installing alarms since around '92 and I have seen far less problems and returns with DEI products (Viper, Python, Hornet, etc) compared to other brands.

OP
OP
texaschevyryder

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes dats what i would think dude said there 2 way remotes were constantly malfunctioning i jus wanna make sure in the long run i have less problems

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only 2-way systems from DEI I've had issues with are the 5701 models when they first came out. I talked to DEI about it, and they said they were aware of the problem and are revising the transceivers to take care of the problem. Other than that, I have never had any problems with DEI.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
I love my Autopage.
Best shit ever.

HOWEVER.

the new car is gettin a 5901. so, its all personal preference. depends on the 2 alarms your looking at.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at some point in its life the hoe is getting a viper alram put on it. been on the back burner for a loooong time.

5901 is ****.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
Well i retract me previous statement. New car got an autopage too.

the only Viper i would do tho is the 5901. but you gotta do it right and get the iPhone app that works with it. lol