Airlift 1000 Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this "look" right.

2 inch Belltech progressive coils and shocks from Tony, and Airlift 1000 60742 4.9x6 inch tall airbag on a Suburban.

As you can see airbag touches bottom perch, is this bad? I am having a line pich problem on the left side only that I have to address. But other than that.....

I had only 8 inches in the space. Bags in this picture are at 25 pounds. Is this how it is supposed to look? Anything out of place as far a the way bag is supposed to sit etc.

At 25 pounds I am only getting about 1/2 inch of lift. HBR said he got more at 10 PSI.

Thanks guys :Handshake:

picture.jpg

picture.php
[/IMG]

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea about a line being pinched. As far as looks, it looks right. This is mine with 5" lowering springs and Airlift kit #60769

2.jpg

My springs are lower so you noticed my bags are a little more "stuffed" inside the spring. This is also when I installed them and it's on a lift, not under pressure, so I hadn't put any air in them to straighten the bag out.

Another pic from my Escalade. Again, it's on a lift, not under pressure, but it's the Belltech 5305 springs with the Airlift kit #60769

UnderLeft.jpg

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you will get more lift on a spring that sits lower since bag takes up more space. main thing when you load up truck wont sit down as far

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lee........I can't tell if the lines run out the bottom? My fill lines are at the bottom and run through the center of the spacer and out the bottom of the factory perch.

I used the 1" spacer with mine which compresses the spring a bit more which would account for me getting more lift.

Like Tony mentioned, I would say the point to the bag is to prevent sag, not lift the truck. So if you load her up with a trailer or another big load, and you can fill the bags to get her level, they are serving their purpose.

They look like mine from here :D

OP
OP
Goodinblack

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran mine from up top. Maybe a mistake for accessibility, but time will tell. I am running with it for now.

Thanks HBR for the help.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always ran my line to the top and never had issues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts