Air Shock Boots / Dust Covers Z55 RPO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...@#$%.
At least I was able to find those shocks on Amazon.

Any other PM I should pay attention to while changing shocks? Bumpers (frame) look heavily worn out / cracked. Will do those too.
Well since you already did the brakes, that’s all I can think of while you’re there. Check the end links on your sway bar. Just a fyi on Amazon, read the reviews and beware of third party sellers on there selling counterfeit parts. I have seen a shady outfit selling what are Arnott part numbers but are visibly not Arnott shocks. Be careful.

OP
OP
krbjmpr

krbjmpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmm, so compressor must be cycling on the circuit breaker. No air out the tubes :(

Yukon still stays relatively level, despite loads. Good springs. No drivability issues noticed yet.

Saw that there are rebuilt units from Arnott (distributors only, grr), but will they rebuild mine for future use, or would I just sell my old ones now and buy rebuilds in future? I already have a spare set ready to go on.

Does anybody rebuild these things, other than possibly Arnott?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so compressor must be cycling on the circuit breaker. No air out the tubes :(

Yukon still stays relatively level, despite loads. Good springs. No drivability issues noticed yet.

Saw that there are rebuilt units from Arnott (distributors only, grr), but will they rebuild mine for future use, or would I just sell my old ones now and buy rebuilds in future? I already have a spare set ready to go on.

Arnott is the only one afaik. I would probably either send those in to be rebuilt or hold onto them and have that done in the future since you already have a set, depending on what you bought for replacements. Their new units are not the same quality as original OEM. New OEM units are $$$.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rock Auto has new GM units with a lifetime warranty for $290. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7179908&cc=1433415&pt=7556&jsn=485

I installed these a couple of years ago on both of my XL Denalis and I tow a 7500 lb camper. They're good as new. I also installed the Dorman compressor on my '07 which is a good unit.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
krbjmpr

krbjmpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Amazon has new OEM for $257, free ship with Prime. I just happened to find a pair that were damaged packaging. Found them new, and clicked on subscript available used from...

ACDelco GM Original Equipment 580-1093 Rear Air Lift Shock Absorber https://a.co/d/8rffj2B

OP
OP
krbjmpr

krbjmpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to clarify...
This piece of rubber, that holds whatever amount of air pressure, that is supposed to get firm (inflate)...

...is fastened to the shock at top with a zip tie? That is why I thought was a cover / boot and not the air bladder.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify...
This piece of rubber, that holds whatever amount of air pressure, that is supposed to get firm (inflate)...

...is fastened to the shock at top with a zip tie? That is why I thought was a cover / boot and not the air bladder.
I’m not sure how those are built, I doubt that’s a zip tie but probably a band clamp. Regardless, those shocks are shot and you can’t buy parts for them.