Air Bag recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called a 1 1/2 weeks ago to have mine replaced get there at 9am and they tell me they have to order the part. I don’t understand the logic in that.
I asked them if they had the part when I scheduled my appointment and if they would hold it for me, and then the day before I called to confirm they had it in stock with my name on it. I hope you didn't leave your truck, it might take awhile. There's a huge demand for these airbags.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn’t. I didn’t even think to ask if they had it in stock. Lesson learned.

ATLPPV

Reaction score
I got mine changed today. The dealer didn't have it in stock but only took them 2 days to get. Once they got it in stock I came in and it took them 2.5hrs on the dot to complete.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine changed today. The dealer didn't have it in stock but only took them 2 days to get. Once they got it in stock I came in and it took them 2.5hrs on the dot to complete.

They just called me I’ll be taking her in on Friday.
Other than occasionally running out of airbags, the dealers seem to be making this pretty easy. :)

Reaction score
I've only been notified by the original mailing that said parts unavailable. I haven't been too worried about it, but I guess I should call the dealership and ask

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only been notified by the original mailing that said parts unavailable. I haven't been too worried about it, but I guess I should call the dealership and ask
I would call for sure. They sent me a letter but I heard they have parts for all the affected trucks.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 months ago the dealer's parts department said they had dozens of airbags, but the service department said my VIN was not a priority so they wouldn't do it.
Said they would call in a few weeks. Yeah, right.....

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to my brothers 2009 Tahoe dealer problem

Dealer NEVER completed the airbag recall as promised !!! Isn't that illegal ?? My brother paid the dealer diagnostic fee and ended up selling his Tahoe cause he didn't want to mess with finding a hybrid 6.0 donor engine those are NOT cheap or easy to find lol

He's getting a Lexus GX350 Suv from his buddy soon lol

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes