Air Bag recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I work at has repaired (2) 2013 Silverado airbags that fall under this recall. GM is working 2013 and back on repairs and if your dash is cracked then you are out of luck on getting a new dash. My son's 2008 Silverado has this recall and the airbag is not available. His dash is NOT cracked and even if the airbag was available I would not have recall preformed in fear of it cracking.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I work at has repaired (2) 2013 Silverado airbags that fall under this recall. GM is working 2013 and back on repairs and if your dash is cracked then you are out of luck on getting a new dash. My son's 2008 Silverado has this recall and the airbag is not available. His dash is NOT cracked and even if the airbag was available I would not have recall preformed in fear of it cracking.
just waiting for someone to get hurt when the dash to blows apart then they will recall it..

hard brittle plastic throws shards of plastic everywhere in a crash

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you guys are that worried just get a new part installed they have new parts available just you will have to pay out of pocket and wait(keep the receipt ) and wait for a refund instead

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been discussed in multiple threads in that section. This has been ongoing for years actually. GM has been fighting it, they just recently were forced to do it. I’m not sure if there’s a dedicated thread though.

LMAO I was thinking exact same thing, They have this BS on that recall page

"At General Motors, we’re committed to your safety"

If that was true they wouldn't have fought a major safety recall for last 5+ years

Dave

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO I was thinking exact same thing, They have this BS on that recall page

"At General Motors, we’re committed to your safety"

If that was true they wouldn't have fought a major safety recall for last 5+ years

Dave
Well to be fair...not a single one of these airbags in the GM trucks have gone off accidentally. They even tried to increase the salt and moisture substantially in tests and try to get them to fail and couldn’t. Not a single one. So even though they were made by the same company, there might be something to say about the specs GM had them built to. That’s what they claimed and I tend to believe them. Otherwise at least a few would have failed by now. Oh well, in the end the NHTSA won.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called my dealer service manager, pretty good guy he's been at the dealership for like 30+ years, he is not sure but he thinks they are only replacing a module on the airbag and not the entire airbag and it shouldn't be that intrusive, he doesn't think they will have to be puling the airbag and may be able to get it from underneath, but he is not 100% sure and most likely they will be suggesting that customers buy a new cap when they bring it in before they even touch it lol. oh well....

I hope your guy is right, it would ease my mind about taking mine in for the recall.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago at my work (chevy dealer) it was pretty fast and easy to just do the passenger side bag.

That is my worry, (check picture out), did they take the passenger out of the dash to do the recall. That is the big concern.

2013 Tahoe dash crack.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n