Air Bag recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine has the passenger recall, incomplete, no remedy yet. I know my dash will likely crack more if they even touch it this is going to be interesting

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just called my dealer service manager, pretty good guy he's been at the dealership for like 30+ years, he is not sure but he thinks they are only replacing a module on the airbag and not the entire airbag and it shouldn't be that intrusive, he doesn't think they will have to be puling the airbag and may be able to get it from underneath, but he is not 100% sure and most likely they will be suggesting that customers buy a new cap when they bring it in before they even touch it lol. oh well....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just called my dealer service manager, pretty good guy he's been at the dealership for like 30+ years, he is not sure but he thinks they are only replacing a module on the airbag and not the entire airbag and it shouldn't be that intrusive, he doesn't think they will have to be puling the airbag and may be able to get it from underneath, but he is not 100% sure and most likely they will be suggesting that customers buy a new cap when they bring it in before they even touch it lol. oh well....
Yeah, and they’ll want dealer labor for installing it which I believe is around $400 plus the cost of the dash, so a cool grand should do it. :crazy:

RugbyRef

Reaction score
As I read the recall, it looks like this only applies to 2007 - 2014 models...correct? If so, should this be posted in that section as well?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I read the recall, it looks like this only applies to 2007 - 2014 models...correct? If so, should this be posted in that section as well?
It’s been discussed in multiple threads in that section. This has been ongoing for years actually. GM has been fighting it, they just recently were forced to do it. I’m not sure if there’s a dedicated thread though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts