Air Bag Message and Mirror problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
I got my 03Z71 truck back from repairs due to vandalism about a week or so ago and noticed I now have a "passenger air bag - Off" message on my mirror, and my passenger mirror would default to curb view every time I turned the car on, even though I manually reset it to not through my steering wheel controls.

Stupid F'kers at the repair shop. I'm taking it back, but does anyone know why that is?

Thanks.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be one of the harnesses under the passenger seat that would trigger the passenger airbag light, happened to me a few months back and it was just a failing harness, dont know/dont think the same harness would be tied to the passenger mirror tho. that could just be something that got reset if you had major electrical work done, like the seats moving when the car is locked/unlocked, should be something that can just be set to your liking. might be in the owners manual, ive never looked tho.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TahoeSSer

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
The mirror has seemed to reset itself and has gone back to normal. I had reset it days ago to not go to curb view, but it seems to have had a delayed reaction to actual accepting this communication....much like my kids when I tell them what to do :)

I had a look under the seat, but no wires or connectors seem unplugged. I'm going to take it back early next week to see what the matter is.

Thanks.

OP
OP
TahoeSSer

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
I figured out the air bag message on my mirror. It's standard, tells you its off when you have no passenger, is activated or "on" when a passenger sits in the chair. No worries.

Poncherello

Reaction score
That's certainly good news, I'd hate to see you wrongly blame those f'kers at the repair shop. :Plugged:

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey op how did you reset the curb mirrors mine have a delay reaction from R to D and is there a way to oil/lube motor mines is making a weird grinding noise but works fine

OP
OP
TahoeSSer

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
Hey op how did you reset the curb mirrors mine have a delay reaction from R to D and is there a way to oil/lube motor mines is making a weird grinding noise but works fine

The passenger mirror seemed to reset itself. I had always set the "curb view" to both passenger and drivers side to "off" long ago through my steering wheel display, this is where you can make the necessary change to yours. It had a mind of it's own. Sorry, can't tell you how to lube it, I've never had one off.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

That's certainly good news, I'd hate to see you wrongly blame those f'kers at the repair shop. :Plugged:

Not disrespecting this shop without validity here. I'm the first to take responsibility for my own stupidity/carelessness :)

This is the same shop my insurance company required me to use(well, one of 3) for my truck that was vandalized weeks ago, and they did a terrible job of reinstalling my replacement front passenger seat skins and missing one bolt on the passenger side chair(front bolt, found it lodged in the rail) and broken underdash lamp. I've had to send out to alternate repair shop on their list to ensure the first job was done appropriately through insurer.

I'm certain you wouldn't be happy finding out you're missing a bolt holding your chair down, especially if your beloved family member is riding with you? And, the only way I found that out was because I was laying out my zero gauge wiring for my stereo upgrade. Thank God I didn't find out the hard way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bison1

Latest posts