Again with the electrical issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Then it is a search and destroy-(FIX)-mission. Patience is a virtue. This is made for a day in a shop for free, buddies, coveralls, very cold iced down beer, lift or a creeper, great light and start with the basics and look at every wire you can lay your hands on from front to trans area.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would start from the BCM and work your way back. I think ive might have mentioned this on this forum but when i had my C5 i would loose all power to the passenger side door or have it go crazy like you mentioned. it turned out to be a wire pulling away from a harness that connects the door to the rest of the car right at the hinges. just eye balling the harness it looked fine. once disconnected i could see that one of the pins was being pulled away

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, check all pin plug ins. So many times in my shops we found the two halves of the connector plugged together but when looked closely you could see where the male and female pins were not plugged in because one of them pushed the other out a ways inside the connector housing.

OP
OP
D

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would start from the BCM and work your way back. I think ive might have mentioned this on this forum but when i had my C5 i would loose all power to the passenger side door or have it go crazy like you mentioned. it turned out to be a wire pulling away from a harness that connects the door to the rest of the car right at the hinges. just eye balling the harness it looked fine. once disconnected i could see that one of the pins was being pulled away

Could the mega fuse cause this on a larger scale and could it intermittently work and then not?

OP
OP
D

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could be possible, but i don't know. I wonder if those could be tested with a multi meter.

If was $5 and recommended earlier to check or replace. After I disconnected the pos. battery terminal, it was running fine so I didn’t, however that didn’t last long. Replacing it tonight.

Crossfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had similar problems and it was the main relay ,fuse block under hood. Take cover off, there is two handles, when you pull them it releases the whole fuse block. Underneath mine was corroded bad, had the complete block and harness replaced, all fixed. I have 2007 Tahoe, sensors ,locks windows all acted up, just a suggestion, you couldn’t see any of the corrosion til I lifted the box up. Just a suggestion

OP
OP
D

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had similar problems and it was the main relay ,fuse block under hood. Take cover off, there is two handles, when you pull them it releases the whole fuse block. Underneath mine was corroded bad, had the complete block and harness replaced, all fixed. I have 2007 Tahoe, sensors ,locks windows all acted up, just a suggestion, you couldn’t see any of the corrosion til I lifted the box up. Just a suggestion

Thanks. I replaced the mega fuse tonight so I’ll see if that has an effect. Got quite a few things to check after all the suggestions which is pretty cool.

OP
OP
D

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If was $5 and recommended earlier to check or replace. After I disconnected the pos. battery terminal, it was running fine so I didn’t, however that didn’t last long. Replacing it tonight.

The mega fuse didn’t solve the problem. Taking the positive lead off of the battery does seem to alleviate the issue for a day or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts