aftermarket trans cooler, and muffler. which one to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to replace my trans cooler with something else. Nothing wrong with mine just would like to keep the trans a little cooler if possible. Looking for a something that dont require a ton of modifications to install and hopefully bolts right up to my stock trans lines, if not oh well ill buy fittings. Any suggestions?

Also possibly lookin into a muffler for my truck. Want something with a little bit of rumble to it. Quite at idle and clean sounding at wot, now my truck has the 2in to 1out muffler. Idk if there is a aftermarket muffler made like this or does something have to be tabbed up. I think it will be weird to well or make a Y pipe to go into the inlet. Any suggestions

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trans cooler go with the tru-cool 40K I have it and love it.

Muffler go with a flowmaster 50 series dual in/out or get a big magnaflow muffler.

OP
OP
chacho44

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate flowmasters lol. Aways had bad experiences with them, ill have to look into the magnaflows. I wonder if they make a dual in single out with my pipe size. Gonna check jegs for that cooler.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running the largest derali trans cooler. Super easy install and I didnt have a factory cooler. My tranny stays cool here in Texas even while towing.

As for the muffler I am running a borla pro xs. Check them out.

JBTJ

Reaction score
Did you install a temp gauge on the output line of the transmission to even see if you need one?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs one. Its a simple fact of life in a SUV or truck that tows anything including just its own weight.

Why install a temp gauge? Swap clusters or get the 5$ elm scanner from ebay and the 4$ torque pro app.

OP
OP
chacho44

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My escalade has a trans temp gauge. About what temp does this cooler stay at? Or what do your trans temp stay ppl? 100?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy