Aftermarket Subs with bose(2005)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daturbosix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im going to be adding aftermarket subs to my factory bose system(and bypassing the factory bose sub, under the console).

i found this helpful video showing the wires to tap into for the line level converter:

but i have the PAC SNI-35 adapter
https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-V...=sr_1_1?keywords=sni-35&qid=1571834833&sr=8-1

that PAC adaper doesnt have a "amp turn on" lead. where is a good place to grab that from?
also, any suggestions of where to run the power through the firewall at?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your sub power amp need a 'amp turn on' lead? Many power amps these days turn on automatically, when they sense electric current coming into the amp from the high or low level audio input wires coming into the amp.

Folks on this Forum can tell you where they came through the fire wall in their audio system upgrades. For me, I went through the fire wall near the power breaks boost cylinder. The important consideration here is that you insert a good grommet into the hole through the fire wall, prior to running your high power wire through it, so that you minimize the chance of wire cover abrasion through vibration, resulting in a high amperage short to ground (even though it will be fused).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz