After Lift, StabiliTrak occasionally turns off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a 4" BDS lift on my 2009 Tahoe. After the lift, I occasionally see the light flash for Stabiltrak. It's very temporary and then goes off. I have seen it do this while driving on the highway around curves, and off-road. The BDS site says that monir premature engagement of the StabiliTrak system may occur during certain driving maneuvers. I can kind see where this statement makes sense for off-road conditions, but coming on while driving around curves on a highway (highway follows a river), has me wondering if there is something else I should check.

For those of you who have lifted your vehicle, has this situation happened to you? If so, were there any remedies you made?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since lifting mine I do see that light occasionally. For me it happens when taking a tight turn like a right on red or when turning and driving over uneven ground. Turning tightly and slightly going off the curb.

I suspect that after the lift the Tahoe is more prone to getting 1 wheel off the ground when turning at low speeds and that's what causes that to happen.

I have never had that light come on when driving on the highway, I can drive from Redding to Mount Shasta at 75mph with cruise control on and not have a hiccup. I think the only time it would turn on while driving straight or at highways speeds is if there is a pot hole in the road or some other obstacle that would make 1 wheel lose traction.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since lifting mine I do see that light occasionally. For me it happens when taking a tight turn like a right on red or when turning and driving over uneven ground. Turning tightly and slightly going off the curb.

I suspect that after the lift the Tahoe is more prone to getting 1 wheel off the ground when turning at low speeds and that's what causes that to happen.

I have never had that light come on when driving on the highway, I can drive from Redding to Mount Shasta at 75mph with cruise control on and not have a hiccup. I think the only time it would turn on while driving straight or at highways speeds is if there is a pot hole in the road or some other obstacle that would make 1 wheel lose traction.

This is exactly what happens to my 07 escalade after the 4" lift. Exact same thing only on sharp turns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar