Adding USB to dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I realized I don't have an updated radio with a USB port on the back, so I will just install the trim and do without the USB until I can get an updated 09+ nav system or aftermarket.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Even if I can't use the USB, the fitment and look is great for this piece. For $20, I won't complain at all......
f2b619637bbac2323f888c67da6b9831.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I realized I don't have an updated radio with a USB port on the back, so I will just install the trim and do without the USB until I can get an updated 09+ nav system or aftermarket.
Just get a Pioneer double din. You'll enjoy the upgrade :waytogo:

BeauDuke45

Reaction score
Hey folks, been working trying to get my dash to look like the pics in port #83 with dual USB outlets. I have an aftermarket headunit, and one of my ports is now the USB connection port with the usb coming from the back of the head unit. I am hoping to find a way to have the other cigarette lighter be a usb plug in as well to charge an iphone. I have another USB outlet and cover, so i am hoping to find an adapter or even a way to wire in the new usb adapter. It has the micro/mini usb connection in the back of the outlet that i want to install.

I can grab some pictures this weekend to better illustrate if all that was a confusing mess.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased OEM one for my 2009 Tahoe from eBay come complete bezel for 19.95$
2007-2013 Silverado Escalade Dual Power Receptacle Cigarette Lighter & USB Bezel.
if anyone interest here it is
eBay item number:

View attachment 199573

Man buying this whole piece is less expensive then an OEM USB outlet and the seller is only about 30 minutes from me....soooooooo I ordered one haha. Will keep the USB for charging only. Also going to be working on a wireless charging area for the center console.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aweome! I had a custom center console built and put a usb plug in the front of it. The part is really cheap to find and wire.

IMG_3868.jpg

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice deal. Had I known this was an option I surely would've gotten it instead of retrofitting my original one.
Me too....I just finished up my HU, USB retrofit, power adapter cover swap...Would have been way easier since I already had the entire center dash pulled apart. Nice score for the replacement bezel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99