Adding power fold mirrors to 04 Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be possible that the mirrors were changed? I tried that and the mirror glass itself moves, they don’t fold in or out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be possible that the mirrors were changed? I tried that and the mirror glass itself moves, they don’t fold in or out

If your mirror glass is moving than the selector arrow is not in the middle. It’s pushed to the left or to the right which will move one side mirror or the other.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double checked it’s in center, that’s the only time when that part of the switch lights up. Unless my window switch needs replacing?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double checked it’s in center, that’s the only time when that part of the switch lights up. Unless my window switch needs replacing?

I just double checked my switch, which I know is fully functioning. The square directional adjust button has orange back lighting when the side arrow is in the center position. It does NOT illuminate when I switch it to left or right side for adjusting each side. So it would seem your switch is functioning the same as mine. But it shouldn’t be moving the mirrors when in the Center. With the arrows in the Center position, and illuminated, when you move the left and right side of the adjusting square switch, which mirror glass moves?!

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both driver and passenger sides move

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So with that switch, all you would need to do is press it to open and close or hold it down to open and close?

You out the side selector arrow in the middle, and then you hold the right side of the square down for a second and it folds the Morris in. Then you hold the left side of the square down for a second and it’ll fold them back out.
What he said.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both driver and passenger sides move

Yeah that isn’t supposed to happen. Lol. It could be that the side selector arrow part of the switch has gone bad. I would pull the switch off the door panel when you get a chance and inspect the wires going into both pigtails for side mirror adjustments first. There could be a bad wire going into the switch causing the issue. If the wires check out then I would try a new switch. But I’ve never had this issue before so I’m taking shots in the dark. Lol

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Bigbear and Tonyrodz, I’ll check on that in the morning and respond back with findings and maybe more questions!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Bigbear and Tonyrodz, I’ll check on that in the morning and respond back with findings and maybe more questions!

Sure thing. Quick question. What does your mirror adjust switch look like? This I presume:

image.jpg
Or does your square button have a different symbol on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645