Adding Heated Steering Wheel - Need VIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aspendale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured it out for anyone looking for a solution. Apparently my dumb a forgot to press the white clip at the back of the connectors behind airbag. So if you don't press them in, you will get error codes. Took the airbag out, and pressed those white locks in and everything works now except for heated steering wheel button. Off to work on providing power to it then. Not sure why I changed the harness when I have to supply it power from somewhere else :(
Any luck finding that other connector and/or how to get power to the switch? I'm preparing to do the same, and don't want to tear it all apart if I'm going to end up dead at the same spot!

OP
OP
N

noobsquared

Reaction score
Nope. No luck. I did come across this, but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. All the driver side fuses kill the battery. Ask me how I know lol

5StarG3neral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In for this as well. Going to be doing the swap but need the same question answered

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
N

noobsquared

Reaction score
For people who need an answer, I plugged the power source for heated steering wheel to BCM under the drive side dash. I will try to post some pics later today.
I tried one spot with a spade connector first and it wasn't getting enough power for heat will turn on and then off on the steering wheel. I found another spot using test light and this one seems to work better. I haven't done a long term test on a long drive, but it didn't turn off like the first time. Do not use the fuse box. Use the BCM under the dash that is RAP or only on when car is on.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For people who need an answer, I plugged the power source for heated steering wheel to BCM under the drive side dash. I will try to post some pics later today.
I tried one spot with a spade connector first and it wasn't getting enough power for heat will turn on and then off on the steering wheel. I found another spot using test light and this one seems to work better. I haven't done a long term test on a long drive, but it didn't turn off like the first time. Do not use the fuse box. Use the BCM under the dash that is RAP or only on when car is on.
Shouldn't it need to be programed like adding everything else on our trucks like heated seats backup camera and such not looking at doing it but just curious

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't it need to be programed like adding everything else on our trucks like heated seats backup camera and such not looking at doing it but just curious
no, it's manual control on/off button only, nothing to do with programming, outside/inside temperature or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk