Adding factory brake controller to Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jettix2

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 Escalade ESV and it doesn’t have an integrated brake controller.

Is there a way to add a factory brake controller? Really don’t want an aftermarket prodigy hanging off the knee kick panel.

Thanks!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 Escalade ESV and it doesn’t have an integrated brake controller.

Is there a way to add a factory brake controller? Really don’t want an aftermarket prodigy hanging off the knee kick panel.

Thanks!

There are a couple threads on here where guys wanted to do the same thing... they all came to the conclusion that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
It's pre-wired to simply add a brake controller, the controller connector is under the dash and the power wires are under the hood one is taped to the main wire harness and the other is stashed on the drivers side of the fuse box between the fuse box and the fender. not sure what the difference is from a "factory" option

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 3 required oem parts add up to $96 on amazon, but it still has to be programmed by the dealer it wont work automatically, plus you may need to either cut the lower trim panel to fit the controller in or order a trim panel with the factory slot for the factory controller. if you look at the amazon listing it shows at the bottom "this item is often purchased with" and those are the other two parts needed the relay and control module.
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15926102-Original-Equipment-Assembly/dp/B00B4KNNZO

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im going to follow this and see where it leads doesn't seem to be a lot of information on it other than the amazon comments that it can't be done due to something is connected to the master cylinder and transmission and that you can't buy the harness

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Just my 2cents. Took the Denali xl1500 6.2 out for it's first trip towing our 24ft aljo travel trailer. Loaded weight is approx 4500lb and it towed fantastic. Compared to our old 03 tahoe with the 4.8 and i added a 3.73 diff that made a slight change but if you were into a head wind you might as well pull over and wait for the wind to stop! i had it in manual 5 into the wind at 65 and approx 2100 rpm, minimal downshifting and what a difference the hp/tq upgrade with the 6.2, into the wind 8.9 mpg and with a tail wind 10.9. Trans temp peaked at 209 degrees, ill add the aftermarket cooler before next summer. in regard to the prodigy, i am also a factory purist but i honestly feel the prodigy is a better unit than the factory integrated and yes you can see it below the kick panel but i did not have to drill any holes to mount it

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my 2cents. Took the Denali xl1500 6.2 out for it's first trip towing our 24ft aljo travel trailer. Loaded weight is approx 4500lb and it towed fantastic. Compared to our old 03 tahoe with the 4.8 and i added a 3.73 diff that made a slight change but if you were into a head wind you might as well pull over and wait for the wind to stop! i had it in manual 5 into the wind at 65 and approx 2100 rpm, minimal downshifting and what a difference the hp/tq upgrade with the 6.2, into the wind 8.9 mpg and with a tail wind 10.9. Trans temp peaked at 209 degrees, ill add the aftermarket cooler before next summer. in regard to the prodigy, i am also a factory purist but i honestly feel the prodigy is a better unit than the factory integrated and yes you can see it below the kick panel but i did not have to drill any holes to mount it

True cool 40k cooler , about 3800 pound enclosed trailer with extra height up and down the mountains from pa to nc and it only got to 175 in 90 degree heat with tow haul mode on . I may try manual mode next tow .

OP
OP
J

Jettix2

Reaction score
Good info, thank you all............I'm only planning on towing our enclosed snowmobile trailer with it, as we have a 3/4 Ram to tow our camper, but it would be nice to have the brakes work. I guess I'll order up a Prodigy:) Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper