Adding DL3 power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to add power folding mirrors to their 2015 Tahoe/Yukon that did not come with them? I have purchased a set of new DL3 mirrors (23464428 drivers & 23464427 pass) with the power fold, turn signals, auto dimmers and heated and also the drivers door switch (23488411) with the fold button. I tried to install the switch but the connector on the harness is a little bit different and immediately blew the #18 fuse at the end of the dash which runs the power adjust for the mirror glass.
I know the truck guys have added power fold camper mirrors but the Tahoe/Yukons are different than the trucks so Thought I would start a topic to see if we can get this accomplished!

Also if anyone can provide a schematic of the DL3 mirror wires (17 of them) so I can figure out what wires do what it would be appreciated.

I am also assuming that new door harnesses will have to be installed but wondering if that is all and will they plug into the fuse panel the same as the original one(s)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it done today, purchased 2 new power folding, turn signal mirrors and the drivers door switch (the correct one is 23154702) and everything was plug-n-play! Love the new amber turn signals in the mirrors. The only thing that does not work is the puddle lights and I don't care about them anyway. No new harnesses needed, was already wired which was a shock! Took about 2 hours to do it all.

Last edited:

RC45

Reaction score
Got it done today, purchased 2 new power folding, turn signal mirrors and the drivers door switch (the correct one is 23154702) and everything was plug-n-play! Love the new amber turn signals in the mirrors. The only thing that does not work is the puddle lights and I don't care about them anyway. No new harnesses needed, was already wired which was a shock! Took about 2 hours to do it all.

Do you have the correct part numbers for the power folding turn signal mirrors themselves? I am getting conflicting info.

Thanks

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted them in the first post but here they are again 23464428 drivers & 23464427 pass - I used the vin from a 2015 SLT on the dealers lot and the parts dept confirmed those part numbers were on that unit and again the puddle lamps do not work.

RC45

Reaction score
OK - thanks, I will use those part numbers then - the feed back I got from the local dealer was "wrong numbers buddy, wont work" :)

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK - thanks, I will use those part numbers then - the feed back I got from the local dealer was "wrong numbers buddy, wont work" :)

Well, they work just fine on my 2015 Yukon SLE, what are you going to put them on?

Pacho1810

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys , no one mentioned if the blind spot in the new mirrors worked or not. I am really curious about it. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtinmiami

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Folding mirrors would be nice but i'd be doing this mainly for the blind spot detection. I have an LT. Hoping I see an answer to this in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts