Adding Backup Sensors..... Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this recommendation. :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Recommendations for camera setup?

http://tailgatecamera.com/ Or Rostra.com for the cameras. Pay for the better stuff especially if you are in the rustbelt. The cameras in the higher end kits last better than the cheapos.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

How do you make sure they are straight?

Last thing I want to do is have them all faggy looking.

I know the Rostra kits come with a template to help mark it out. I eyeball everything but I am good at it lol. I use masking tape to cover a decent area where I think I will be placing the sensors. I then mark it out with a marker. Make sure to check behind the bumper to ensure enough clearance to mount them. You don't want to drill a hole to find out you can't mount your sensor. Now, some bumpers on some cars are full of foam and other plastic crap. If so, I just cut and trim those areas to give me enough room.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lee, the oem backup camera is a good cheap option. I followed Nathan's how to and was able to wire one up and works and looks great. Total cost for a camera and the converter was under $50. Are you looking to do an in dash or mirror monitor?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodinblack

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lee, the oem backup camera is a good cheap option. I followed Nathan's how to and was able to wire one up and works and looks great. Total cost for a camera and the converter was under $50. Are you looking to do an in dash or mirror monitor?

Did not know he had a write up.

Link please. :)

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a full step by step but showed the basics if what's needed as far as cutting and soldering the wires to make the harness. It was very straightforward. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38900

y8araduv.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwill205

Latest posts