Adding a Denali Tailgate Upper Applique on an SLT??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lghtngyello03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I'm new here. I love the amount of support from the guys here on the forum. The wife just got a 2015 Yukon SLT, and we love it so far.

I just bought all of the Denali chrome trim.... OEM door moldings, roof rack trim, rear bumper molding, and an OEM Denali Grille.

I would love to put the Denali rear Tailgate Applique on it as well. However, looking at a previous post that I searched and found here, it doesn't seem possible. It seems as if there are holes on the tailgate of Denali's, pictured below...

1a5ea0faabb03d51b7c425d6104f700c.png

s-l1600-1-jpg.82344

My question is, has anyone tried to either make a template to make this work, or trimmed off all of the studs/objects sticking out on the back of the trim piece and then used 3M double stick tape to hold it on?

I was hoping to see some threads on this, but I haven't really found anything of anyone adding this chrome piece on their truck.

Any insight from anybody?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
69 views and no tips??
I don't know how it is on your year but typically you can change/swap any of the rear third light/s by also changing the housing, the hatche frames are genally the same for all makes Tahoe suburban Yukon Yukon XL escalade

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident the painted to match rear tailgate applique on yours now attaches and mounts all the same with the same holes, only difference between your SLT and a Denali's trim is yours is painted to match and the Denali's is chrome.

What color is your '15 Yukon SLT? I own a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali and I bought an extra chrome rear tailgate applique I was going to have painted to match my truck that I'd trade with you if your truck is Quicksilver Metallic?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
69 views and no tips??
Alot of us see threads like this in the "today's posts" and when you do that you don't see the year it applies to until you click on it. It gets alot of views that way but alot of them are those of us with different model years.

OP
OP
L

lghtngyello03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident the painted to match rear tailgate applique on yours now attaches and mounts all the same with the same holes, only difference between your SLT and a Denali's trim is yours is painted to match and the Denali's is chrome.

What color is your '15 Yukon SLT? I own a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali and I bought an extra chrome rear tailgate applique I was going to have painted to match my truck that I'd trade with you if your truck is Quicksilver Metallic?

Ours is black. I haven't pulled the tailgate inner cover off yet to see.

Now you have my curiosity up because of this post...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-it-a-cover-nothing-under.93255/#post-1114850

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm new here. I love the amount of support from the guys here on the forum. The wife just got a 2015 Yukon SLT, and we love it so far.

I just bought all of the Denali chrome trim.... OEM door moldings, roof rack trim, rear bumper molding, and an OEM Denali Grille.

I would love to put the Denali rear Tailgate Applique on it as well. However, looking at a previous post that I searched and found here, it doesn't seem possible. It seems as if there are holes on the tailgate of Denali's, pictured below...

1a5ea0faabb03d51b7c425d6104f700c.png

s-l1600-1-jpg.82344

My question is, has anyone tried to either make a template to make this work, or trimmed off all of the studs/objects sticking out on the back of the trim piece and then used 3M double stick tape to hold it on?

I was hoping to see some threads on this, but I haven't really found anything of anyone adding this chrome piece on their truck.

Any insight from anybody?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

I'm guessing the 3m tape applied to chrome piece will work just fine. I'm guessing this isn't a popular mod as most on here prefer color matched items. I like some of the denali trim but with this one I prefer the SLT version over the denali. The chrome piece Seems to look more like an after thought and cheap, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne