Adding a Bose sub to existing Bose system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg081580

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and a novice so forgive me in advance for my lack of knowledge. I recently purchased 2 used Yukons, a 2010 for my wife and a 2011 for myself. Hers has the factory radio and Bose system with the sub and it sounds great. My 2011 has a POS aftermarket radio that I plan on changing out back to the factory radio or possible upgrade to a touchscreen radio. It has the Bose speakers but I don't believe it has the subwoofer system like hers does. I would like to add the sub. Is this possible and if so is it complicated or hard to do? I've read that it would be located under the center console but that's about all I know. I've seen the entire Bose systems for sale on eBay, but I haven't bought or taken apart anything yet until I know what I'll need and if it's gonna be something I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of a bose system that does not have the subwoofer but I suppose it is entirely possible, you can either look and see if it is there or even try to turn your treble all the way down and base all the way up and turn the sound up and check if you can hear it or not (assuming your aftermarket head unit has retained bose), if for some reason you did not have a subwoofer and were able to add it somehow I am certain it would need to be programmed to enable it. If you have access to a tech2 you can test tone each speaker with the tech2 to verify operation of the amp channels and speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv