Adaptive Cruise and tow hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayBanks9

Reaction score
Put a order in to build a 15 denali xl and when I was building it when the dealer selected chrome tow hooks it said it couldn't be done with adaptive cruise control. So is that where the radar sensor is? Just wondering. I wanted the tow hooks just for aesthetics. Don't really plan on using them though, but I think they ad a nice touch

rgpie75

Reaction score
The adaptive cruise control module is bolted to the frame where the tow hook would go on the driver side. According to the parts guy at my dealer you can still get a tow hook on the passenger side and the replacement plastic air damn will only have a hole for the hook on the passenger side. I've been thinking about ordering it so I can at least have 1 tow hook. But the dealer wasn't positive if the air damn would only have 1 hole so he was looking into it further. Will let you know if I hear anything else.

jterzidis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was curious about this as well and will be watching for a response.

OP
OP
J

JayBanks9

Reaction score
The adaptive cruise control module is bolted to the frame where the tow hook would go on the driver side. According to the parts guy at my dealer you can still get a tow hook on the passenger side and the replacement plastic air damn will only have a hole for the hook on the passenger side. I've been thinking about ordering it so I can at least have 1 tow hook. But the dealer wasn't positive if the air damn would only have 1 hole so he was looking into it further. Will let you know if I hear anything else.

Thanks Rg. Was a bit disappointed, but I love adaptive cruise in traffic after using it in my audi

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly the air Damn with the holes cannot be ordered separately. You must order a new bumper all together, the replacement air dam is the same that comes stock without the holes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84