Actually selling it.....Pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@balln2k11: you can tell me how crazy I am and how I don't have a chance in hell and how I would be lucky to get $10k to $12k for the rig but one thing I never ever will put up with is telling me I "literally must be smoking crack or something". As a Vietnam Vet, I will not even accept that phrase in jest. You can say "no offense" but you have already been offensive. Do not do it again, please..

@balln2k11: you can tell me how crazy I am and how I don't have a chance in hell and how I would be lucky to get $10k to $12k for the rig but one thing I never ever will put up with is telling me I "literally must be smoking crack or something". As a Vietnam Vet, I will not even accept that phrase in jest. You can say "no offense" but you have already been offensive. Do not do it again, please...

I have thick skin and you can call me all kinds of things, including late for dinner, but being tied to a scourge of drugs that is killing the US of A along with all the other crap going on, well I got to draw the line somewhere. Thank you for understanding..
1st, welcome home and thank you for your service to our country. 2nd, didn’t say anything about drugs.

But yeah, post your rig for $28k. I would love to look like an idiot for your gain or help my listings look like a bargain compared to yours. Please post your Tahoe for sale in Las Vegas. I have a 2003 Yukon Denali with the same or more repairs than yours that I should probably sell. P.S the 6.0 is the bulletproof engine, not the 5.3.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't care how much your truck has been gone through. It could have a brand new crate motor (which it doesn't), a brand new transmission (which it doesn't) with a 100k warranty along with a pristine interior and zero rust... you still are not gonna get anything close to $20-$30k for that thing. You literally must be smoking crack or something, no offense but it's offensive for you to ask $33k or even $28k like you are. You're lucky if you get anything over $8k, maybe $10k-12k if you're VERY lucky and find the perfect buyer. Best of luck to you though, let us know how this works out for you.
I accused @balln2k11 of saying this and I am sorry for blaming the wrong person. My complete mistake.

Now on to the culprit. Myself and other vets don't like idiotic name calling. Some of us vets have went thru hell and back and fight an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Thankfully I don't. Your statement of "literally must be smoking crack or something" is uncalled for and I am here to tell you, don't do it again. I have thick skin but I draw the line at that statement. Hopefully I got my point across to you.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
1st, welcome home and thank you for your service to our country. 2nd, didn’t say anything about drugs.

But yeah, post your rig for $28k. I would love to look like an idiot for your gain or help my listings look like a bargain compared to yours. Please post your Tahoe for sale in Las Vegas. I have a 2003 Yukon Denali with the same or more repairs than yours that I should probably sell. P.S the 6.0 is the bulletproof engine, not the 5.3.
I am sorry to accuse the wrong member for that. I got my quotes mixed up and I apologize. It was @67RS427 that said that crap and not you @balln2k11. Again, I apologize to you for the wrongful accusation.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to accuse the wrong member for that. I got my quotes mixed up and I apologize. It was @67RS427 that said that crap and not you @balln2k11. Again, I apologize to you for the wrongful accusation.
I accused @balln2k11 of saying this and I am sorry for blaming the wrong person. My complete mistake.

Now on to the culprit. Myself and other vets don't like idiotic name calling. Some of us vets have went thru hell and back and fight an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Thankfully I don't. Your statement of "literally must be smoking crack or something" is uncalled for and I am here to tell you, don't do it again. I have thick skin but I draw the line at that statement. Hopefully I got my point across to you.
You need to chill out man. We all know Drugs are Bad, Mkay... My apologies and no disrespect but it's a VERY common expression used when someone comes to you with a crazy or stupid idea, kinda like when trying to sell a vehicle for $25k (300%+) OVER a fair realistic value. I could have phrased it differently and just called you crazy, insane, unrealistic or any number of things that would explain asking so much money for your truck but something tells me you'd be offended or triggered regardless. Either way, sorry I said you might be on drugs but I think most people here were probably assuming the same thing when seeing the insanely high asking price. Good luck on your sale, hopefully you make the deal of a lifetime.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You need to chill out man. We all know Drugs are Bad, Mkay... My apologies and no disrespect but it's a VERY common expression used when someone comes to you with a crazy or stupid idea, kinda like when trying to sell a vehicle for $25k (300%+) OVER a fair realistic value. I could have phrased it differently and just called you crazy, insane, unrealistic or any number of things that would explain asking so much money for your truck but something tells me you'd be offended or triggered regardless. Either way, sorry I said you might be on drugs but I think most people here were probably assuming the same thing when seeing the insanely high asking price. Good luck on your sale, hopefully you make the deal of a lifetime.
I explained that you can use all kinds of names but no drug references, period. I am clear on that, so no, that would not offend me if you said anything else. If that is a VERY common expression then as I thought, this country is at a place in history where we may not come back from.

If ANYONE doesn't agree with the value of my rig at my post, turn the channel then. Just like a tv. Typically that means that the name caller really wants the rig but just doesn't have the $ for it. I get that, I run across that sometimes myself. That is why it says and I have stated many times, OR BEST OFFER. If you think it is 300% too high, offer what you can and move on if I turn you down and quit your sniveling. You don't like my price, fine, don't open the thread again and sleep better at night.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have my eye on one of two rigs:

Didn't work out with these rigs. Too many hidden problems that I found during inspection. Both owners did not know what to say when I showed up with ramps, jack stands, floor jack and a big bright flashlight. Do have my eye on, and will see this evening, a 2001 2500 with a full float rear axle, year old complete a/c rebuild, year old transmission rebuild and 2 year old complete front steering/suspension rebuild and new radiator. I know, I know, not an OBS but there is just not any good candidates out there but there is a couple 2500's out there and both are 2001.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't work out with these rigs. Too many hidden problems that I found during inspection. Both owners did not know what to say when I showed up with ramps, jack stands, floor jack and a big bright flashlight. Do have my eye on, and will see this evening, a 2001 2500 with a full float rear axle, year old complete a/c rebuild, year old transmission rebuild and 2 year old complete front steering/suspension rebuild and new radiator. I know, I know, not an OBS but there is just not any good candidates out there but there is a couple 2500's out there and both are 2001.

Not saying you're wrong for anything. Just trying to understand your angle here. You completely went through your '05 in the name of reliability. Now you have it and you're willing to give it up to move to a much less reliable platform (the OBS) and start all over. Even if the OBS was up to the level of your '05, it'd still be less reliable. Not saying it wouldn't be reliable enough for yours or anyone's purposes. But, even at 100%, the engine, suspension, steering and electronics are lesser efficient, less powerful, lesser refined, etc. than the NBS and with a lot more wear/maintenance items. You're going back to a distributor, more gaskets (and outdated ones at that), archaic and wear-prone joints and bushings... just a whole lot of obsolescence. Now, if you're doing it just because you want an OBS, all other factors and time and money be damned, then I get it. Personally, if I were to get involved in restoring a gen 2 SBC and that era of vehicle, I'd go square body. At least that would actually have a chance at a ROI.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not saying you're wrong for anything. Just trying to understand your angle here. You completely went through your '05 in the name of reliability. Now you have it and you're willing to give it up to move to a much less reliable platform (the OBS) and start all over. Even if the OBS was up to the level of your '05, it'd still be less reliable. Not saying it wouldn't be reliable enough for yours or anyone's purposes. But, even at 100%, the engine, suspension, steering and electronics are lesser efficient, less powerful, lesser refined, etc. than the NBS and with a lot more wear/maintenance items. You're going back to a distributor, more gaskets (and outdated ones at that), archaic and wear-prone joints and bushings... just a whole lot of obsolescence. Now, if you're doing it just because you want an OBS, all other factors and time and money be damned, then I get it. Personally, if I were to get involved in restoring a gen 2 SBC and that era of vehicle, I'd go square body. At least that would actually have a chance at a ROI.
I do see what you are saying, I really do. I need to stay busy and am looking at the OBS rigs if I find just the right one. There is a couple two doors within 200 miles of here that look good to me with pics but then I get disappointed when I get there and they want too much, like I have been told I want too much for mine but my feelings are the only ones I care about. I used to own a 2 door 96 Tahoe Sport and would love to redo one of those. But if I can find a NBS K2500 Suburban with a full float axle for the right price, I get a little excited about that too. Gonna go see one later on today.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother has a 96 2-Door bagged out for sale (not posted for sale anywhere). Located in central CA. Needs some TLC. PM if interested.