Acc "Key On" wire behind radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a rear cam and I have connected it using the GEN 5 Lockpick. Everything works great but the ACC wire from the lockpick is not working, so I need to tap an acc hot wire to power the cam. Since everything runs to the lockpick, the easiest place to tap would behind the radio. However, I would be happy with any acc wire as long as it's near the front. Any idea which color of wire running to the radio is a "keyOn" live wire or any wire for that matter near the front of the truck?

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a rear cam and I have connected it using the GEN 5 Lockpick. Everything works great but the ACC wire from the lockpick is not working, so I need to tap an acc hot wire to power the cam. Since everything runs to the lockpick, the easiest place to tap would behind the radio. However, I would be happy with any acc wire as long as it's near the front. Any idea which color of wire running to the radio is a "keyOn" live wire or any wire for that matter near the front of the truck?

usually pink is keyed with GM orange/yellow are constant...(solid colors stripes mess everything up)

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but i did try tapping the pink and didn't have any luck. I too thought Pink was always acc hot.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pink is the antenna, yellow is 12v ignition (orange is always hot)

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
u have the stock radio? if so it turns on with data ur going to have to run a acc to the fuse box on the left side of the dash

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the stock radio, you need to run a wire to the ignition switch harness and tap into the pink wire in that harness.

Kyleg234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea on my 01 it was the pink wire.. tapped it and amp turns on and off flawlessly i'm sure it'd be the same for ur cam..

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea on my 01 it was the pink wire.. tapped it and amp turns on and off flawlessly i'm sure it'd be the same for ur cam..

On a 2001 there is a pink wire behind the radio, its the factory amp turn on wire. So yes, it would be perfect to add an amp to a factory radio. But 2007 radios dont have that.

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will try the yellow and see what happens. I too thought yellow was constant, but I'll give a try. Yes, I have an OEM Nav unit in an 07 LTZ.

I could have tapped the reverse lamp wire at the rear, but since I have the lockpick, I'd like to always have it powered that way I can flip the camera on whenever I'd like.