AC Heat Actuator Blend Doors, 05 Tahoe, SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, my links came from RA and I listed the Genuine GM options. I always do if available and if not I take the GM number and go find it at Amazon or elsewhere. The only Dorman parts I have on my rig are their exhaust clamps for broken exhaust manifold bolts at the front and rear of my manifolds. they actually work great. But, I will never put a Dorman or any other electrical part on my rig unless it is an emergency. I learned that long ago running shops. Too many comebacks for parts failures and it is no better now.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help!

Mine is drivers side just like yours.... so I am really interested and rooting for you on a quick and easy fix!

Let us know how it goes and possibly snap some photos? That would be mighty fine of you!

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that there can be updated calibrations for the HVAC controls. You'd have to have yours read with a Tech 2 to see what's in it, then check the TIS2Web site (https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/) to see if there is an update.

Thank you for that! I put my info in and printed off the list of software calibrations for my manual dual zone system. Going to run it by my dealer friend who has a tech2.

Just an fyi for anyone with these issues. For the 2004 dual zone manual system, there are three new calibrations.

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
SOLVED!
So after a few lengthy delays, and having the persistent problem of hot air coming to driver’s side dash and floor vents, AND the incessant clicking coming from within the dash, I finally got a new drivers side “Blend Actuator door” sourced, and installed.

To be honest, this is the ‘simplest’ one to replace, but it was still a bear to do. The 7 mm shroud screw closest to console was tough to remove, as was the 7 mm Blend Door screw closest to center of vehicle.

Once I reconnected battery power, and recalibrated according to YouTube video, I must say “ it now works like a charm”.

A huge “Thank you” to everyone who was following and offering advice.

Cheers! D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
Mine is drivers side just like yours.... so I am really interested and rooting for you on a quick and easy fix!

Let us know how it goes and possibly snap some photos? That would be mighty fine of you!
Hey Bud, I got ‘er done! Sorry, couldn’t snap and photos, but gave a description of the process in my last post. Read it and ask any Q’s if you need to. Can be a tough job but worth it.