AC Heat Actuator Blend Doors, 05 Tahoe, SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
Referencing #1. When you say, "The temp change from selected AC temp @ ~72 jumped suddenly to HOT on drivers side", are you saying the set temp for the a/c remained the same and blew hot air or are you saying the temp setting also changed to a hot temp reading as well as the air coming out was hot? Clear as mud?
Yup, totally clear. When this happened (and each time since) the control for AC temp was set ~65 and stayed set there. However the air temp coming from vents (as noted in previous reply) was “hot enough to melt my face”.

another thing I just thought of - when this happened, I may have braked, or hit a bump in the pavement, etc., which may have triggered the event…?

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
My 2004 has done this exact same thing randomly 5 or 6 times since I bought it back in October of 2020. Drivers side only will suddenly get hot. Not hot like hot outside air, but actual heater air hot.....friggen super hot. If I run my hand over to the passenger side it's still ice cold coming out.

I haven't researched how to fix it yet, because if I shut the vehicle off for a couple min it returns to normal. I am afraid one day it's going to get stuck on hot.

I will be interested to see how this thread progresses. Good luck!
Yea, this has happened to me 5-6 times, always in hot weather. It does seem to reset after stopping then restarting engine. I’ve also “recalibrated” the AC, per a YouTube video, which also works, but after a few hours on highway, back at it!

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
Referencing #1. When you say, "The temp change from selected AC temp @ ~72 jumped suddenly to HOT on drivers side", are you saying the set temp for the a/c remained the same and blew hot air or are you saying the temp setting also changed to a hot temp reading as well as the air coming out was hot? Clear as mud?
Hi PNW... I tried replying sooner, but must have got lost in cyberspace. Quick answer : the air temp coming from vents jumped to HOT, the dial setting was still set about 65 degrees. Then it didn’t matter if I tried adjusting temp air with controls, the unit still blew hot air (hot enough to melt my legs and my face...lol)

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
Hi PNW VietVet, in this reply, I think I have chosen the correct door for replacement from Rock Auto, hopefully my screen shot come through for you. Keep in mind, I’ve used my vehicle RPO codes (here a CJ2) to search for the correct part. There are two of these doors, same part number, one each for left and right.

Cheers, Dwayne8382191E-B49B-4D8B-9C9B-A2DDA8151757.png

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
According to application that looks correct to me but IMO, I would not install anything but Genuine GM parts and stay away from the "Economy" list of aftermarket options. It is your money and your call but for all that work, I would use OE parts and stay away from Dorman and this may be even a more iffy part than even Dorman. There is a reason it costs $14.00 after all.

If I absolutely had to use something else, I have had decent luck with Standard Motor Products and Four Seasons. Again, your call. Hopefully others will chime in about this. Good luck.

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
According to application that looks correct to me but IMO, I would not install anything but Genuine GM parts and stay away from the "Economy" list of aftermarket options. It is your money and your call but for all that work, I would use OE parts and stay away from Dorman and this may be even a more iffy part than even Dorman. There is a reason it costs $14.00 after all.

If I absolutely had to use something else, I have had decent luck with Standard Motor Products and Four Seasons. Again, your call. Hopefully others will chime in about this. Good luck.

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
Sorry, but the link you provided (1 of 4 above) was for Rock Auto, so that’s what my search in their website revealed. I agree, OEM is the best.

One thing out of this - one door for both locations. So part of the problem is solved.

On to AC Delco I go

Cheers!

OP
OP
Rolexus

Rolexus

Reaction score
You can try the relearn procedure or replace the one on the right side of the console up under there. Pretty easy
Thanks treehan77. I’ve tried the re-learn (reprogram AC per YouTube) once. Worked for a few hours on highway, then reverted to hot air again.

However, I will try and replace the one door, as you’ve suggested. Video I’ve seen on this one looks easy enough, as you’ve said.

One question I have that no-one has answers... is the right side ‘door’ under the console the correct one to replace if drivers side is blowing hot?