AC doesn’t feel cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel that my AC doesn’t blow as cold as it should. Any idea what the temperature should read on full blast cold?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year, 15-17 had the condenser issue which would cause the AC not to be as cold as it should be. Warranty was extended to 60,000 miles. You could buy an inexpensive AC gauge and place it in the AC vent to see what the temp is.

OP
OP
Illnasty

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year, 15-17 had the condenser issue which would cause the AC not to be as cold as it should be. Warranty was extended to 60,000 miles. You could buy an inexpensive AC gauge and place it in the AC vent to see what the temp is.

2016. FML, live in NJ and we have 90 degree days for the next 6 days and house AC is broken, 2002 Denali AC is broken, and 2016 Denali works but doesn’t blow that cold. I may die from heat exhaustion so it was nice knowing all you guys. This site is great so keep marching on.

nrcpharmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had this happen on my 15 Yukon XL Denali, ac won’t really blow cool at idle, running it cools alright, but not like it used to. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if your loosing freon from the condenser. Common problem. Just do a Google search and you should see pictures of where the leak is located.

nrcpharmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So AC starts working again this AM, thinking it might be blend door actuator, rear AC definitely working well. Any idea if anyone else had issues with blend door actuators on 15+ GMs?

nrcpharmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On further investigation I’m thinking it’s the front temperature blend door

Strip5150

Reaction score
Just had this happen on my 15 Yukon XL Denali, ac won’t really blow cool at idle, running it cools alright, but not like it used to. Any suggestions?

Mine is in the shop for exactly the same thing over the past week. 48k miles. AC condensor covered under warranty!!

nrcpharmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be making it to the dealer to have it looked at. Not sure why the back cools great but front works like crap, morning it cools off, evening it cools off, but middle of the day when I need it, I get nothing unless I’m moving, blows hot on idle.