AC cooling question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cybertek

Reaction score
Is it normal for the AC to blow, not as cold, borderline luke warm, when stopped at a light vs when driving? It is a noticeable difference.

The truck is new to me so I have nothing to compare it to except my Jeep did not do it.

2006 Denali

Edit to add that the fan/air pressure also decreases when stopped.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on some factors.

Typically however there will be a difference because the lack of a lot of air coming through the condenser.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a work van almost brand new. On a very hot summer day it simply does not cool well when its not moving. Nothing wrong with the fan...... just the nature if the beast. That's why eclectic fans are better

Hyper_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depends on some factors.

Typically however there will be a difference because the lack of a lot of air coming through the condenser.

+1

I had this issue last year. I had the freon recharged and when driving the AC was cold. When idling, it would not be as cold. I cleared out the condensor with a hose. It's amazing to see how much stuff was killing the efficiency of the condesor! Dirt, bugs, leaves, sand etc. After blowing it out with a hose, a night and day difference!

OP
OP
cybertek

cybertek

Reaction score
Dealer says it's the blend door actuator.... $890 to replace.
Not having it done right now.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
98blukon