AC blowing hot on driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Subdued

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, again with the AC on my 2009 Tahoe. I have do the reset with the battery. The blend door under the driver side is working with the climate control. The passenger side is working properly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had this problem once but after unplugging the ecm and the batt. it worked fine. has not happened again.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blend door is bad and needs replaced

Subduedracer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blend door is bad and needs replaced

I unplugged the battery several times. I also cycled the climate controls and that didn't work. I also checked the driver's blend door. That was working.

I dropped it off at the dealer today. I am having them check the following:

1. Transmission clunking on down shift.
2. Transmission lazy shifting when at low speeds.
3. Engine rattle when cold.
4. Low fuel mileage. (last 3 months it has gotten 4 mpg less)
5. Rear diff is not unlocking properly when at low speed.

I also contacted Chevrolet Corp to get a case number and to let them know that I am very unhappy with the property. I have had two of these Tahoes. One GMT800 and one GMT900. Both had similar issues. Not sure what will come of it. Worth a try.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my previous truck it would do that randomly and if I restarted the truck it would work fine. Everything was random with it. Only thing I have heard that will do that is a faulty blend door.

Subduedracer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my previous truck it would do that randomly and if I restarted the truck it would work fine. Everything was random with it. Only thing I have heard that will do that is a faulty blend door.

There are multiple blend doors on our trucks. The one they had a code for was the one in the dash behind the radio. $670 to repair. This may be the year I sell me Tahoe and leave the brand forever.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think of it as an adventure and do it yourself. You can get in and out in a on a saturday with a minimal amount of small sockets and screw drivers. Not hard really. The absolute hardest part of that job is getting to the inner mounting screw for the heater assembly cover, behind the center console. It should only take about 2-3 hours in and out. If you want to try it let me know and I'll get you some instructions.

Subduedracer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Think of it as an adventure and do it yourself. You can get in and out in a on a saturday with a minimal amount of small sockets and screw drivers. Not hard really. The absolute hardest part of that job is getting to the inner mounting screw for the heater assembly cover, behind the center console. It should only take about 2-3 hours in and out. If you want to try it let me know and I'll get you some instructions.

Thanks dude. I already had them repair it. I sell real estate and weekends are normally when I'm showing houses. I mainly work on foreclosures and it requires me working 6 and 7 days a week. It is really hard to get time to wash my truck. With a busy job and a 2 year old son, my only option is having them do it. I was a GM tech in the late 90's and still have all my tools. I still do most of the service myself.

I have had 30 plus cars in my life and have bought 8 new. My last two Tahoes have both had similar issues. The other 6 new vehicles I have purchased have had no issues other than normal maintenance. I may have just gotten the rotten one of the bunch.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand that completely. Those blend door actuators are pretty common, I have changed a few of them, not all GM. But that is a common issue on the Tahoes, Yukons, Sierras, etc. I have changed them out on at least one of each of them...lol

Where is Bristow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMT800Lover