Abs light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliRoyal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having some issues with my 2006 GMC YUKON XL
I have a constant ABS light I ran the code reader on the abs and got the following codes: C0110 C0240 C0279 C0455
As well as the abs pump will constantly run non stop even when the truck is off. I need to remove the fuse for the abs pump to stop, I am starting to believe its the abs module itself. I took it off the frame. Tried to find a rebuilder for my module but i cant find anyone that rebuilds my specific one. Would this be a proper route to go and rebuild the module? Part # 13642510k

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having some issues with my 2006 GMC YUKON XL
I have a constant ABS light I ran the code reader on the abs and got the following codes: C0110 C0240 C0279 C0455
As well as the abs pump will constantly run non stop even when the truck is off. I need to remove the fuse for the abs pump to stop, I am starting to believe its the abs module itself. I took it off the frame. Tried to find a rebuilder for my module but i cant find anyone that rebuilds my specific one. Would this be a proper route to go and rebuild the module? Part # 13642510k
there are plenty of places that rebuild them online or you can just buy a used one or already rebuiilt one, it does not require any programming. you just have to be absolutely sure it is a 100% identical same part number.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Do you have a quality bi-directional scanner? I believe that the best way by far to purge air out of the ABS unit is to have the scanner perform this function.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Do you have a quality bi-directional scanner? I believe that the best way by far to purge air out of the ABS unit is to have the scanner perform this function.
it's 99.9999% most likely a bad ebcm. the gmt800's are prone to the module getting broken solder joints inside the module.

OP
OP
DenaliRoyal

DenaliRoyal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there are plenty of places that rebuild them online or you can just buy a used one or already rebuiilt one, it does not require any programming. you just have to be absolutely sure it is a 100% identical same part number.
I am going to buy a rebuilt one from eBay. The bottom number 13642510k matches. The seller keeps telling me it needs to be programmed. I am hoping it don't. The dealerships near me are thieves

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy a rebuilt one from eBay. The bottom number 13642510k matches. The seller keeps telling me it needs to be programmed. I am hoping it don't. The dealerships near me are thieves
all that matters is the part number has to match your old one, I have done it myself
different part number won't work-period
this doesn't work for other types of modules but does in this case.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have to backtrack and say "it might" require programming, when I did mine there was no traction control, all that needed to be done was matched part number.
that could maybe make a difference....
if it you do need it relearned there is a tech2 owners map on the forum, and any halfway decent scanner can learn it to the vin, technically that's the "programming" there is to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo