ABS/ Brake light Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summit2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t read all the posts to see if this was answered. I had this issue and was able to fix it. You need to remove the abs sensor under the truck and below the driver seat area. Then pry the lid off the unit and you will see a circuit board with lots of soldering. Take a solder gun and solder and touch up all the solder points. I had to do this twice since I didn’t touch all of them. Basically the solder points get brittle and break. Finally using some gasket maker around the lid put it back on and reinstall.
If the EBCM is the issue, there used to be a service on eBay that you could send it to for repair with a lifetime warranty for about $50. I had mine done years ago and still good today.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the EBCM is the issue, there used to be a service on eBay that you could send it to for repair with a lifetime warranty for about $50. I had mine done years ago and still good today.
There are still places that specialize in this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question about this. I picked up my scanner and to retrieve codes it says ""DO NOT start the engine". Is that just BS, or can I actually mess something up?
ignore that, and scan it
note that the option to scan for ABS is not usually a default, you may have to click thru the menu to have it check for abs or srs since neither of those are OBD codes.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question about this. I picked up my scanner and to retrieve codes it says ""DO NOT start the engine". Is that just BS, or can I actually mess something up?
I would plug it in while it’s running, voltage sometimes spikes in the OBD port during the crank cycle. At the very least it shuts off for a second or two.

OP
OP
B

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apprecaite everyone's input. I'm waiting for my son to get home to do this. I thought when you plugged the scanner in the first time it would ask a bunch of questions like make, model etc. Didn't know if it mattered or not if you plugged it into a running vehicle for its first ever scan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00

Latest posts