A Sticky for New PPV/SSV Owners To Re-Civilianize Our Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcello1395

Reaction score
In a way, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. But it certainly sucks. I have purchased the following and will be trying them out:
(8*168gb model)

I'll post a write up on them after I get them installed and evaluated.

Definitely let me know still debating which one to go with.

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a new leather-wrapped civilian wheel from the dealer. I guess I'm becoming a frequent customer because the price dropped to $186. Some of these OEM prices are fantastic.

I received the civilian shift lever. Do you recommend any other interior upgrades? Can I upgrade to automatic HVAC controls?
Does anybody have a part number for the civilian shift lever.

A1251R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20230808_072216.jpg
    20230808_072216.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230808_072226.jpg
    20230808_072226.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230808_072252.jpg
    20230808_072252.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 11

PopoPackage2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixed this as follows below, hopefully you can do similar or find a better solution:

Removed tail light assembly. Found that the brake light is the light blue wire going to the top bulb in the terminal marked "Major".

All the tail light wires including the light blue brake light wire trace to a harness going into a TFCM near the spare tire, which is a Trailer Brake and Fuel Pump Control Module.

No voltage on the light blue wire after the TFCM to the tail light when the brake is pressed. But on the front side of the TFCM the light blue/white wire reads 12v when brake is pressed.

So I jumped a splice clamp from the light blue/white going into the FTCM directly to the lightblue wire going into the "major" terminal on the top bulb on eash side bypassing the FTCM.

And boom. Brake lights now working. Tail lights, turn signals - all good.

Edit: Total cost $approx. $10 for splice clamps, 18 gauge wire, and wire conduit

Edit #2 4/9/18: After going through all this above I found a better solution. A number of wires at the BCM contained aftermarket splices. I removed the aftermarket splices at various BCM terminals, restoring the factory wiring. And now the brake lights work from factory wiring without the mess I described above. This includes the top center light bar, also needed to place a 15A fuse in #49 under the hood. I hope this helps, either method will get you there.

Is there a way to "unclip" the BCM harness to remove wires, or you were seeing aftermarket splices on OEM connections?
I have to take a better look at my BCM. I have the same brake light issues-been trimming/pulling the rats nest of wires from under the dash/headliner/etc. 2011 PPV Georgia K9. Also-what top center lightbar are you referring to? Your rig came with sirens? or just the 3rd brake light? Any advice greatly appreciated as I am tired of fooling with this for weeks now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons