A noisy growling exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soulbrother

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I looking for a new exhaust for a 2002/2003 Tahoe and want it to be growling a lot when in idle. I'm not a race type of guy, so I don't care how it sounds in top speed :)
Low n' slow is what it's all about to me.
I have seen some videos of the Flowmaster 10 series with dual aoutlets and I really, really, really love how that exhaust sounds. So would this be the perfect exhaust for me or is there another exhaust with an even more growling sound in idle and slow speed? I don't think the Flowmaster 40, 45, 50 or 70 series sound as growling as the 10 series, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any other options or links would be much appreciated.

Best regards
Pete

mmeachem

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I looking for a new exhaust for a 2002/2003 Tahoe and want it to be growling a lot when in idle. I'm not a race type of guy, so I don't care how it sounds in top speed :)

Low n' slow is what it's all about to me.

I have seen some videos of the Flowmaster 10 series with dual aoutlets and I really, really, really love how that exhaust sounds. So would this be the perfect exhaust for me or is there another exhaust with an even more growling sound in idle and slow speed? I don't think the Flowmaster 40, 45, 50 or 70 series sound as growling as the 10 series, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any other options or links would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Pete

Check youtube for soundclips to find the specific sound you want just search tahoe or silverado exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster super 44 3" in 3" out with a Flowmaster 5" tip. Its loud and gives a real deep sound. But does drone at 2k rpm.

Here's a video
Flowmaster Super 44 on 2002 GMC Yukpn XL with 5" …: https://youtu.be/md1jxqr2ChM

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
true dual straight pipe with gutted cats for loudest sound, if you are looking for legal though thats a different story...

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long tube headers and true duals will make your tahoe loud!

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear by long tubes. They bring a deap throaty sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n