A new issue, window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last week I’m driving the Yukon and had all the windows rolled down. When I went to put them up the pass front window went halfway up, made a loud pop noise, fell down about an inch then proceeded to roll up. Now that door/window squeaks and pops as it goes up and down and the exterior is coming up covered in some kind of grease. It doesn’t go fully down, moves rather slow and is pulling out the exterior seal from the door. Good times.

I have an appointment at the local dealer on Friday so I’ll report back what they find…

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the window raise/lower assembly gear lost a tooth or two. But, it may also be that the anchor of one of the window side guides may have come loose.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree. Pull the door panel off and have a gander. My guess is what @Joseph Garcia stated or the window regulator unit took a crap. They are fairly easy to replace. The grease on the window lends to that possibility, or the window cable jumped and is snagged on something

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still under warranty (around 25k miles on her) so I’m just going to let the dealership handle it. This will be our 3rd trip in for a warranty repair. Had a water leak when brand new and the fuel pump control module died a few months back

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the regulator. No big deal.
Yeah I’m pretty car savvy so can picture the problem in my head. It just kinda sucks it’s already happened on this rig. This is the kind of thing I’d expect on one of my 80/90’s era vdubs, not so much on the ‘21 Yukon.

The dealership already assured me they WOULDN’T have the parts to fix it but they can at least figure out what they need if something is broken. It’s not a problem they’ve seen yet he said

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rig was there a couple hours today and when I picked it up they said don’t use the window and they have parts on order to fix it. I didn’t really ask for more details. They did wash it while it was there so that’s a plus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094