A/C repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you would need a the compressor, the receiver/drier and the orifice tube. The tube can get cloggy with its small opening if a leak seal was ever used. the receiver/drier should always be replaced with compressor because the system is left open to expose it to the outside environment. and the compressor...well it is the only moving part in the system that does all the work. Do not forget new seals/o-rings. Did you need actual part numbers?

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you would need a the compressor, the receiver/drier and the orifice tube. The tube can get cloggy with its small opening if a leak seal was ever used. the receiver/drier should always be replaced with compressor because the system is left open to expose it to the outside environment. and the compressor...well it is the only moving part in the system that does all the work. Do not forget new seals/o-rings. Did you need actual part numbers?

yeah that would be awesome. what about hoses/lines? do those ever leak? would/should i replace them? i don't know where the leak is coming from but i do know the compressor works when charged, it just loses all the freon in a few days.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is possible the freon is permeating thru the hose. perhaps you might want to recharge the system again with a UV dye for leak detection but if it looses its charge only in a few day Only when being run chances are the shaft seal on compressor is worn.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-22124-Conditioning-Compressor-Assembly/dp/B001S8896A/

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-1739-Accumulator-Assembly/dp/B000JZ9T4O/

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-50121-Orifice-Assembly/dp/B001A52T80/ This is an auto adjusting orifice which should work better in hot climates. At least that is the idea.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-30878-Compressor-Condenser-Hose/dp/B000C986GE/ if you want it. all other line are all metal.

You will probably need an orifice tool borrowable from auto zone and get access to the evaporator thru the blower being removed and clean out the evap really well and ensure its drain is free and clear. if you need procedure and oil quantity and type let me know.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

And all these parts are new no remaned. Oh and reused the padding around drier assembly. new available if needed.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced one of the hoses that I got thru AutoZone, mine has a nasty bubble, not sure how it started but I replace it while I was doing the rest of the stuff.

LVNeptune

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably heat from the engine compartment. Similar to a tire bubbling :)

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's awesome. thanks sunlit. $370 for all new ac delco parts is pretty good. i don't know if i should spend $76 on a new hose when there might not be anything wrong with mine.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's awesome. thanks sunlit. $370 for all new ac delco parts is pretty good. i don't know if i should spend $76 on a new hose when there might not be anything wrong with mine.

It's only $76 and at this point since you don't know where your leak is at it's actually cheaper now then later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive