A/C repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarome Iginla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ac repair

I have 2 units for my home. One is 2.5 tons the other is 4 tons. The capacitor in my 2.5 ton unit went out. A friend of the family who works for an Air Conditioning Repair company replaced the capacitor and recharged the unit. He charged me $200 and I gave him an extra 10 spot.
How much more would I have paid for a regular air conditioning company to service it? Did I get off cheap?

chayydtayloor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hate to tell you but you're not being ripped off at all. Thats what a usual shop will charge to do a a/c compressor.

It is not difficult to change, thus only being $200, and the $120 evac and recharge is normal too. Mark up on the compressor and drier is right on the money.

There is a difference between DIY and having a shop do it, just think about it.

You are totally right there is a huge difference to do it yourself or done by the professional. Make sure you get any assistance from the professional if you have decided to DIY repair :)

Regards
Air Conditioning Repair Phoenix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telderjr05