A/C problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need your help with my 2017 (43k), long story short the a/c wasn't great yesterday morning on the way to work but by the time I got out it was blowing HOT air. Seems the rear lines are leaking in at least two places. One small leak at the solid coupling (first pic) and a larger leak that up the wheel well (second pic). They mentioned you have to remove the body from the frame and that I should see if the dealer will warranty it as there was a TSB regarding condenser issues extending it to 6 year 70k. Obviously two totally different issues but who knows.

Anyone run into this problem with a 4th gen?

Thinking about buying the rubber replacement hoses and leaving the stick hard lines in place.

Any suggestions?20220806_155928.jpg20220806_155922.jpg

Last edited:

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a company in Michigan that sells a replacement kit for all makes and it replaces the hard lines with high pressure hoses and a new routing procedure.It is by Auto cooling solutions.I have them in mine a 2015 Tahoe after replacing the lines twice 1st.time warranty next time by me. A much better fix and no more aluminum rotting out as the rears are famous for corroding at the right rear corner of the body and frame due to poor design by GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3