A/C drain getting passenger floorboard wet. Where does it drain to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been trying to figure out exactly where the leak is coming from because it has rained every other day so I want sure. Well the rain has held off now for a week and I'm sure it's the A/C drain.

I ran a piece of weedeater cord about 3 feet long into it from the top and everytime it came back out it was wet so it's definitely backing up there. I looked and couldn't find where it drains or on the bottom. What am I missing? Any better way to get this resolved?

Thanks

OP
OP
H

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know where to look on the bottom to unclog this? I can't find it and I an getting tired of my floorboard being soaked.

OP
OP
H

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the drain and I've run some love in it to clear but it still does this. Is it possible something had come loose right there to cause this?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try blowing it out with an air compressor. YouTube has videos on your problem.

OP
OP
H

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've run a weedeater line into it and blown it out with an air compressor for 2 minutes, still does it. I don't know what else to do.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the videos I saw, it drains out the bottom under the cab, not inside. But for some reason if the drain gets plugged it backs up inside. Are you sure you're clearing the drain; it's under the condenser and looks like it's hard to get to. They say to remove the rubber elbow that's under the condenser. I would think if you run a weedeater line into it you will see it coming out the bottom of the truck, near the firewall on the outside. Do you see it ?

OP
OP
H

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No I don't see anything from under the car. Is there supposed to be a rubber boot there under the condenser? There isn't anything on mine except the drain sticking out of the firewall under the condenser. Maybe that's the issue? I just don't know enough about it to be able to troubleshoot it, like if there is supposed to be a 90 degree rubber boot there?

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the YouTube I found on it. And yes, he shows a 90 degree boot under the condenser, between the bottom of it and the heat shield. Looks like it's a ***** to get to.

\

OP
OP
H

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting it. I'll watch it in a minute a see what he says but mine has no 90 degree boot and I'm wondering if that's the problem.

OP
OP
H

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah mine definitely doesn't have that boot and I bet that's why it's leaking into the cab, it's not being directed to the drain. Now just to find the part number for that piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe