A/C compressor gone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acurasee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well wife went to turn the a/c on. Truck dies. I went to check why and I see when the cluch plate engages belt won't turn and is burning the belt. STINKS. I plan to change this myself. My question to you guys is, what do you think about reman compressor kits on ebay?. Is it suggestable to use? The prices are irresistible!

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i honestly rather get a low mileage used OEM compressor than an ebay reman. hell, i rather use cold air distributors.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, still too hot there!! Nice!!!:) As for ebay remans, it's hard to tell the longevity of them, even though the guy might have perfect ratings, on something like that as soon as the people get the compressors, they may wait til they get them installed and running and then give their feedback right away, not after using it for 3 months and then giving feedback. If only you could get a hold of one or more of the people that bought a reman from the guy selling them and ask them how well they work you would have your answer!! I love ebay but somethings scare me sometimes, if it a way smokin price (pennies on the dollar) and if you wouldn't care if it blew up after 3 months of successful usage and are out the money and it doesn't piss you off too much, then buy it!! Otherwise I'm sure you can find a local guy that has good reviews and a warranty to rebuild the one you have now and not worry!! Hope that helps, thats a hard question sometimes!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse