99tahoe with misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99tahoeinwv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys my 99 recently started running really rough cel light came on had a friend hook it up to actual scanner and not code reader said random misfire have onlydriven prob 50 miles since has been sitting mostly.. he suggested taking it to shop so i did they found cylinder #6 was fouled and compression on cylinder 6 was a little low they suggested doing plugs wires cap and rotor. ive also done some readjng about swapping out spider fuel inj assembly.. jm gonna do the cap rotor plugs and wires tomorrow... if that doesnt work ang thoughts?? any help is appreciated thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
worry about the compression first and foremost. since a shop did it i will assume the engine was hot and the throttle was held wide open during the procedure. exactly what were the reading for each one(shop should have documented this) and do you have pics of the plugs as well. start with that and if it is determined that is is a temporary fouling and/or there are no big issue to worry about then go on to the next step. what the step is depends on what info on test you can provide. so far this should cost you $0 wasted.

also by any chance you get a misfire history provided too?

WelcomeSmileyPool.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP

99tahoeinwv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem solved!! Switched out cap rotor plugs and wires today. Went to auto store. Runs like a top. Had code cleared and driven two or three times since with no problems or lights. Thank God it was a cheap fix. Thanks for ur help guys. Im sure ilk be back soon:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan