P0300 + P0204 Misfire no spark on passenger side 8-6-4-2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped junction (fuse) boxes. Didn't solve misfire on #8. However, the fuses for #13 and #18 are nice and snug now. I will probably keep the replacement box.
Decided to put my original ECM back in the vehicle. NO misfires now, which is great.

My conclusions after all of this:
I am attributing the Entire Bank B misfiring as a loose #13 fuse slot on the junction box. My new junction box slot is very snug, the old box (specifically #13) is not.
I am attributing the misfiring on #8 as a bad ECM.
None of my coils were bad.
None of my spark plugs or wires were bad.
My grounds were good.

Crazy that these shops misdiagnosed things and so poorly. As stated before one guy wanted almost $1300 to swap the entire harness and ECM. Another shop said I had a bad coil and bad X2 connector for engine harness to ECM and wanted close to $1200 for the diagnosis, replace the coil and repin the X2 connector. That connector took me all of 30 minutes to repin. Doing that and finding out my coils were good saved me $600

I am now getting a P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input. I'll look into that when I get a chance. I found a thread on it here, with the most value coming fro vietvet's post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to test the MAF and replace if necessary. I've seen some good videos on the process.

Last edited:

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to clean the MAF and throttle body - assumed the idle relearn procedure would work. It didn't.
whenever I clean the throttle body on all of our cars, I do it by hand with a rag soaked in mineral spirits. I do a spray cleaning of the MAF sensor the CRC MAF cleaning aerosol at the same time. I never need to do a relearn procedure.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whenever I clean the throttle body on all of our cars, I do it by hand with a rag soaked in mineral spirits. I do a spray cleaning of the MAF sensor the CRC MAF cleaning aerosol at the same time. I never need to do a relearn procedure.

I used throttle body cleaner. The TB wasn't too dirty, but the plastic housing just behind it was very dirty.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used throttle body cleaner. The TB wasn't too dirty, but the plastic housing just behind it was very dirty.
The whole intake manifold and intake runners get dirty especially if you don't run a catch can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts