P0300 + P0204 Misfire no spark on passenger side 8-6-4-2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
incase I missed it, what year is it?

and what are you trying to do again? power at the coil plugs? I believe they have keyed 12v and the ecm fires the coils with a switched ground. if you have power and want to check at the ecm pin to coil pack pin for continuity, I can probably pull up the pin out for your truck?

edit. I forget these arw 4 wire coils.. so there's keyed 12v and neg. then one wire that connects to all 4 to the ecm, and one to the ecm to fire it.

thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up taking it to two different shops. First one said bad engine harness and ECM ($1300). No way and no thanks.
Second shop said bad X2 engine harness connector + 1 bad coil. After the diagnostics at both shops I ran out of coin. 2nd shop wanted $600 to change the connector. Towed it out.

So, I'm putting a different connector on as we speak. one tab was broken for pin 20 on new connector (INJ 1), hopefully that isn't going to be an issue.

This is the old connector and wires from the replacement connector.

IMG_20230822_152953926_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing the connector didn't fix anything. I'm not surprised.

I Checked fuses figuring 1 or more may deal with a whole bank. My fuse in space 13 which is the "INJ-B" fuse, is loose as a goose. I interpret "INJ-B" as Bank B. I googled to confirm: "INJ-B Fuse 20A Fuel Injector 2, Fuel Injector 4, Fuel Injector 6, Fuel Injector 8, Ignition Coil 2, Ignition Coil 4, Ignition Coil 6, Ignition Coil 8"

That is exactly what I'm having problems with. Wiggled a new fuse @ 13 and bank B (8-6-4-2) gets better or worse depending on how I wiggle it. It's like 13 and 18 are too big for the fuses. They don't slide in there snug.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the terminals gets loose, from what I've seen they get hot from the bad connection and makes the metal bend even easier.

I don't if you can get to that wire or if they sell replacement terminals for a fuse box. but the hack job fix is cut the wire and wire in a inline fuse holder.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the terminals gets loose, from what I've seen they get hot from the bad connection and makes the metal bend even easier.

I don't if you can get to that wire or if they sell replacement terminals for a fuse box. but the hack job fix is cut the wire and wire in a inline fuse holder.

#13 and #18 fuse slots still wiggly, even with new fuses.
I bent the fuse for #13 so that it wasn't loose; the misfires go way down. Fees like only one cylinder is misfiring now. I'll test with tech2 in daylight to see.

I'll go pull a fusebox from a local yard. They aren't expensive and they are not difficult to install.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grab the tip of the blade to the fuse with a pair of pliers. Put a SMALL twist to it. Slot it back in, should get you going.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grab the tip of the blade to the fuse with a pair of pliers. Put a SMALL twist to it. Slot it back in, should get you going.
Yep! once I felt the fuse was so loose for #13, first thing I did was bend the metal teeth so it would stick better. Don't have entire bank B misfiring anymore; just 1 cylinder and it looks like #8.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts